Crazy - 1080p cam + 180' housing for $270?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is polycarbonate (Unscratchable), really strong, and don't turn yellow with the time.

I'm thinking about using the glass from a photographic UV filter, adding a shim so it doesn't touch the dome, and epoxying it into place. I hope that the minimal(?) air space between the dome and the glass won't be enough to crack the glass at depth.
?

If your flat lens is attached to the exterior of the watertight case, how will you keep water out? There is no room to insert anything inside the case between the dome and the camera lens.

Something like this: YouTube - Gopro Underwater test 2

This would be much better than the baggie approach and can be done very cheaply as an interim fix for the blurry underwater video problem.

If someone, GoPro or a 3rd party, can come up with a proper fix at a reasonable price I'd consider upgrading later. Right now I just want to have something workable for my vacation next month. :)

KiiY I should receive my GroPro beginning of next week, soon I receive it, I can develop a goot product at very good price (may be $25 to $35)

Hi, Vokjy.

Good luck with developing your fix for the GoPro HD. If it is a quality product at a reasonable price, I'm sure you will find buyers. Please keep us updated.

I want to make something nice, with the possible to screw filter on it (I'm not sure what threading I have to use).

Also I want to develop a rig to attach the GoPro, and add weight on it.

Looks like a great diagram to me! Looking forward to see what you come up with.

I just order some Alu T6, Polycarb, and very good tools (Boring bar and Turning tool with carbide insert).

Now I have to design something nice, so we can add filters on it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom