Craziest thing you've done to save a dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oh, i've also used duct tape to re-stick my she-p. bob (gratefuldiver) was really impressed.

tmi... Tmi.

But it was pink duct tape, Pete ... and she offered to take it off after the dive and show me how it worked.

Marci's my hero ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Had to disconnect a drysuit inflator hose once when it wouldn't stop inflating. I continued the dive without drysuit inflation ... ended the dive with an impressive body hickey.

Once on a dive in Cozumel I had a spring strap break. Took off the fin, used a piece of cave line to tie the spring strap back to the fin, and dived it like that for the rest of the week.

I've used duct tape to hold wrist seals and neck seals together several times.

And most recently, I've been diving my backup drysuit with a nasty leak that I just couldn't locate ... in Puget Sound ... in winter. Ended every dive for over a month wet, neck to knees.

Fortunately my other suit came back from Santi last week, so I'm diving dry again ... life is good ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Did a dive once where my buddy forgot to fill his tank. He was about one third full to start. Used my long hose to donate air for the first part of the dive. We both finished using or own tanks. It ended up being a pretty normal dive.

I've 'seen' this happen on a dive before.
One single tank diver ended up with a tank with only 80bar in it.

Few swaps later and one guy used that tank, dived with a buddy on doubles and a hog set up - used his long hose.

Only down side to this was while lobser hunting the weight belt dropped off the doubles diver, rocketing him to the surface (almost all the way) and ripping the hose out of the other divers mouth.

This in rubbish vis meant both of them on the surface pronto.

That lobsters lucky day!

Back
Top Bottom