Crater, Heber, UT Update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Still a fun dive, until the certification class came...talk about a lot of whooshing water and bubbles...
We call that the Crater current. Mild most days but can be down right brutal with 20+ divers in there.
I was there on the 2nd. When was your time slot?

I *think* it was at around 1:30-2 that I started. But I dove a few times in the day. I was a single diver (loner) :( but I did talk to an instructor when I was there....maybe that was you?!? (around 2:30ish)

The group that stirred up a lot of crap was at around 3:30 or 4.

Though I would bump this just for the update. Charlie has been a busy boy.

Wifey had a class and reported that the sunken hottub was turned right side up yesterday. Ohh goody!
The dock has been raised. Now when your sitting down your feet may touch the water. Use proper lifting techniques if you lift your gear from the water onto the deck.

Truly the worst dive site I have ever seen and a very poorly run business. They have a monopoly of course and don't have to worry about providing a good customer experience, but the crater could be so much better. Unresponsive staff, decrepit facilities, junky equipment, etc., not to mention the awful diving (which isn't their fault).

Avoid if possible.

Truly the worst dive site I have ever seen and a very poorly run business. They have a monopoly of course and don't have to worry about providing a good customer experience, but the crater could be so much better. Unresponsive staff, decrepit facilities, junky equipment, etc., not to mention the awful diving (which isn't their fault).

Avoid if possible.

I have to agree with the majority of this post. Although I do like the crater if only for the chance to soak in a hot mineral bath while diving. It really would be a better place if the staff weren't so horrible. On a cold winter day though, not much can beat the relaxing soak. Take it for what it is, a sterile hot mineral bath big enough for 20+ divers.

Back
Top Bottom