Crap... I'm in a bunk, in a room of men

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wipes are a great idea, thanks.
I'm very limited with my luggage because I'm only allowed 20kg including my full diving kit. I suspect I'll be very smelly after 4 days!

It's going to be an intersting trip. Luckily we are all like minded, obviously love our diving, and can handle bunks on boats!
When I talked to reservations this week, they said that of the two quad share rooms, I am the only female! Maybe this crew don't see solo females that often.

I guess it takes a certain type of person to do these trips. Hopefully I do OK. And none of my gear breaks. And I get to see whales for the first time. Eek! So much to think about.

KiwiFi, I just wanted to say that I admire your courage...I'm too much of a wuss to do brave things like that. I can't even convince myself I'll survive something like the Blackbeard's LOBs, although I want to go sooooo badly! You go girl!:yeahbaby:

The first liveaboard I did was Blackbeards and it gave me a love for the liveaboard diving venue but I didn't care much for the accommodations. If I ever decided to give it another try, I would bring a sleeping bag with me and plan to sleep up on deck and forget the bunk. Here's a link about my Blackbeard's trip:

Question about dives on Blackbeards Liveaboard

Last edited:
I know net doc and cavers can tell you how folks change at dive sites where there are no changing rooms and only parking lots with cars.
I use my Sprinter! :D :D :D

So what you're saying is that right now (literally as I type) my wife is not in fact snoring but just sleeping away while continuing to argue with me in a language that I don't happen to understand.
I'll pay for a privilege to use this statement with my wife!

So what you're saying is that right now (literally as I type) my wife is not in fact snoring but just sleeping away while continuing to argue with me in a language that I don't happen to understand.
LOL! Exactly. I used to be adamant about not snoring - it's so unlady-like. BUT.......of course the standard is stupid. Women snore just as bad. Thus, snoring is not gender exclusive.

Care to share the name and location of this livaboard?

There's always the poop-deck for you to claim as your own---------just hang a big sign that says "NO TRESPASSING-VIOLATORS WILL BE PROSECUTED..."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom