Crap... I'm in a bunk, in a room of men

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KiwiFi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
sigh. Dream trip. The man has "let me" wander into the nether worlds of livesboard diving overseas for my significant birthday, and I've just found out my 3 other bunk mates are male.
This could end well. They could be well behaved boys who pee without missing, who allow me space to change, and who don't snore!
I could end up with a really rotten situation.

So my questions (and I'm a 40yo with 3 kids.....)
I can do bunks with mates on land, is it any different?
PJs? What do you do if they might catch a look at "old lady stuff"
Gear and toilet bags and stuff in a very small cabin for 4 nights. Do I just harden the f**k up?

Any boys who have been in this situation in a shared room, on a very nice livesboard. Happy to hear your thoughts too.
Cheers!

I've shared space with females before with absolutely no problems. People are usually quite shy about their body and will respect your space and hoping you'll respect theirs. However, if anyone goes commando, just point and laugh derisively. :D

Ear plugs and yes, you'll probably have to toughen up a bit. After all it is a dive boat and personal space is mostly out the window

I bring loaner earplugs in that situation. It also helped that the last time I was in that situation none of us were shy or sensitive about setting things.

I used to do a lot of outings with adult leaders around scout groups. +1 on earplugs. You also might want to have some TylenolPM or something like that if you get stuck next to some loud snoring types.

A good sense of humor goes a long way. ..and maybe pack a spray bottle of febreeze.

I also suggest ear plugs but I prefer the silicone type at the link below, rather than the typical foam type. They are more comfortable and stay in place better IMO.

However, if you are planning to use ear plugs on a liveaboard dive boat then I suggest drying out your ears with something like Swimmers Ear after dives. If you get water in your ears and then seal them up with ear plugs it might lead to an ear infection that could ruin your trip, just my opinion.

Mack's Pillow Soft Silicone Earplugs | Walgreens

A good sense of humor goes a long way.
The best advice so far. Good job.

Back
Top Bottom