Cracked clipper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The crack most likely originated from Ike. We had a MUCH larger storm surge from Ike than we did Dolly, even though Ike struck 300 miles further North. My assessment is that it is a fairly good size crack. It does expose more of the interior to easier access for those with wreck penetration or full cave certs. However, it has also exposed some new dangers that divers with more guts than brains (or training) could get hung up on. I am not too sure yet what my personal opinion is of the crack. On the one hand it is cool to be able to explore a new aspect of this wreck, however, it most likely squashes any future hope that this wreck will be righted and increases the chance that another big storm in the future could potentially establish two separate dive sites.

Here they are:

Attachments

• clipper2.JPG
    clipper2.JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 53
  • clipper.JPG
    clipper.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 48
The CHUM trip down to the site schd. for this past weekend got called for high seas.

Yup, I bet the chances of that ship being righted are about zero!

Still looks like it would be a great dive. I'm gonna have to get out that ways someday.

Thanks for the pix!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom