Cozumel's Municipal 4th of July Celebration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deborahdelamar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
In a wonderful effort to embrace and cooperate with the US community of Cozumel, the city has invited the public to celebrate 4th of July in the Plaza. There will be local restaurants with food and drinks available for purchase. (Hamburgers or Tacos??) The Mayor, Aurelio Joaquin, will present an award to the "Civic Minded American" Contest winner, Lisa Ramirez of the Coz Humane Society. And did I forget to mention that there will be FIREWORKS?!

It will be a family-friendly event and the sponsors hope you will attend.

Fireworks will start at 8 pm.

Hope to see you there!

When: Monday, 4 July, 5-9pm.
Where: Parque Benito Juarez (the original main plaza downtown)

Nice. I hope to be on the island in time for this.

Thanks for posting it.

Wish we could be there......at least then we would be able to see some fireworks. All the firework displays in the Central Texas area have been cancelled due to the ongoing drought.

We always have a large Cinco de Mayo celebration here, so it's nice to see they are celebrating our Independence in Mexico.

Mike

Thanks Deb! We are planning to meet at WW at 7, so the timing is perfect! I will post this on the July Roll Call page in case some are not following the CZM forum.
Hope to see you then!

So glad I'm going to get to see fireworks on the 4th! Kudos to the mayor!

I just hope it doesn't get rained out after the Cozumelenos went to all the trouble to put this together for us.

Shhhhh!!! :ssst: Don't jinx it!

Wish we could be there......at least then we would be able to see some fireworks. All the firework displays in the Central Texas area have been cancelled due to the ongoing drought.

We always have a large Cinco de Mayo celebration here, so it's nice to see they are celebrating our Independence in Mexico.

Mike
I read that San Angelo still plans fireworks. Don't know how they justify that. It'd be safe in the Monahans Sand Dunes, but not good for local business so no financing for shows and cleanup.

Nice that Coz is doing a show.

July 4 Program:

July4.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom