Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mexico is a big country.
Correct. The travel advisory has to be based on the worst case scenario if there is only going to be one for the entire country. Some parts of Mexico, just as some parts of the US, are indeed dangerous places, especially for a visitor from another country.

The state of Quintana Roo, Mexico where Cozumel is located will change to Orange 26 Apr 2021.

COVID 19 It goes Green, yellow, orange then red. Orange is higher risk.
As of today I still plan to go...

After re-scheduling 3 times this past year, finally made it back to Cozumel the week of April 10-17 after getting vaccinated. Probably was safer from Covid there than back home at this point.

After re-scheduling 3 times this past year, finally made it back to Cozumel the week of April 10-17 after getting vaccinated. Probably was safer from Covid there than back home at this point.
Thanks for your post...

There were 4 or 5 cases of COVID from tourists returning to the states from Cancun staying at Moon Palace from reports I heard. Numbers on Cozumel are relatively low as far as percentages go, certainly safer that many US cities COVID exposure rates.

Just as you would not lump the entire country of the United States together, don't apply the same broad brush to all parts of Mexico. Research the numbers for where you are going and evaluate through that lens.

I just returned from the island for a quick 36 hour trip to sign some documents and I was actually impressed with how seriously they are taking things and how well they are following recommended protocols. Definitely safer than Texas or Florida and some other places.

Back
Top Bottom