Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WAP

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Looking for any information on some of the best dive resorts or shops on Cozumel, we are looking at taking a diving trip in Feurary.

The are many dive resorts, dive shops on the island. I have visited Scuba Club Cozumel (SCC) the past three years. I had a great time each visit. Great operation, good food. Their boats are slower than others, when on vacation, I am not is a rush.

Hope you have a grea time.

I agree....I always have a GREAT time at Scuba Club Cozumel. I have been there several times through the years. Its my favorite place to stay...walking distance to town & the Ferry, if you want to check out Playa del Carmen while you're there. Check out their website you will find some Great Dive Specials.

I would definitely look down in the Cozumel forum, as you will probably find more info than you can read in a reasonable setting.

There are many different ways to do Cozumel depending on what you are looking for in your trip. Do you want to be at a resort that is a short distance from the diving and does single tank boat dives? Do you want a resort that does multiple trips a day, morning and afternoon? Do you prefer an AI type vacation, or do you like to check out the local culture and eat dinners in town? Is alcohol a consideration (some include alcohol, some do not)?

One of the challenges of the island is that the main town, San Miguel, is on the northern end of the island. Most of the diving is down on the southern end. So you have many tradeoffs in your options on how to put your trip together.

have stayed at casa del mar many times. very friendly , great all inclusive deals. nice divemasters. I go many times every year. naui instructor. in these economic times, really helps to have a great destination that is so reasonable. good diving

Our first trip to Cozumel will be next year---we are considering the SCC as there are so many dedicated divers who seem to enjoy it. Also, if we fly in to Cancun to save money, what is the best way to get over to Cozumel and how much does it cost?

have stayed at casa del mar many times. very friendly , great all inclusive deals. nice divemasters. I go many times every year. naui instructor. in these economic times, really helps to have a great destination that is so reasonable. good diving

Thanks Von for the info, I was considering Casa del Mar. My dive shop uses it when they go down there. They seem reasonable.

Low-end best - Scuba Club.
High-end best - Coz Palace with Blue XT Sea.

Both close to town.

12 days and counting till we return again!

Regards,
Dave (aka "Squirt")

Our first trip to Cozumel will be next year---we are considering the SCC as there are so many dedicated divers who seem to enjoy it. Also, if we fly in to Cancun to save money, what is the best way to get over to Cozumel and how much does it cost?

unless it is a large amount of money, I would skip Cancun and get a flight directly into Cozumel. The hassle of taxi, bus, ferry back and forth dragging luggage aren't worth the time and effort to me. I have been to Coz 5 times and always flew directly there.

Looking for any information on some of the best dive resorts or shops on Cozumel, we are looking at taking a diving trip in Feurary.

If you have not already, take a look at the "Sticky" at the top of the forum that was put together by Christi. It will give you several links on Dive Op's in Cozumel. SS

Back
Top Bottom