Cozumel - yet another trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tim Ingersoll

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
One week in Cozumel with 12 members of my family. I was the only diver. Stayed at a rental villa. Beach pick-up every morning with Aldora Divers. Things are slow right now in Coz. Water Temp. 82 F. Visibility: ranged from 50 feet to 100 feet plus.
Best dives: Tie between Columbia Deep and Devil's Throat.
Best Eats: Tie between Guido's and La Cocay.
Best Snorkeling: Off the breakwater at Plaza Las Glorias.
Most memorable: Huge octopus at Columbia Deep in the day. The DM (Bill Memo) said he'd only seen three during the day in over 15,000 dives.

Aldora was most excellent as usual. They presented me with a baseball cap inscribed: Aldora Divers, 100th dive and my name. They did most of their dive intervals at Playa Palancar. It was a nice change from Playa Del Sol. I highly recommend getting four divers together and chartering one of their boats. They will take you anywhere your experience will tolerate. I look forward to going back and doing the reefs up north and Maracaibo in the south.

I sit here with a great tan and a big #@!^&* smile on my face. Any questions?

Hey Tim,

Sounds like a nice trip. I usually stay at the Presidente but have toyed with the idea of renting out a beach villa. How was it? Were you on the ocean? I love it down there this time of the year!

Thanks,

Jason

Hey Tim,
great to hear you had a good time. Coz is soooo cool. My trip to Coz was perfect due to a lot of Scubaboard advice, much of which was from you, so thanks.

sharkman
:guitar:

Depth Gauge once bubbled...
Hey Tim,

I usually stay at the Presidente but have toyed with the idea of renting out a beach villa. How was it? Were you on the ocean?

We stayed at Casa Gordon. The nicest place we ever stayed (Keep in mind there were 12 of us to split the cost). It was like having a five star resort all to yourself. Fully staffed. Breakfast and lunch included. Check it out at: http://www.travelforadventure.com/ Veerry nice. Right on the beach. The dive site off the beach is Delilah to pinpoint the location. The beach pickup was the best. Two minutes to Palancar Gardens. Just enough time to put on the gear before we were there.

the sharkman once bubbled...
Hey Tim,
great to hear you had a good time. Coz is soooo cool. My trip to Coz was perfect due to a lot of Scubaboard advice, much of which was from you, so thanks.

sharkman
:guitar:

FAHGEDDABOUTIT!!! Anytime brother!

Looks like a nice pad Tim. I'm going to look into it.

Thanks!

Jason

If you can get a big group together it is awesome. Good Luck! You won't be disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom