Cozumel Xmas Pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

howard4113

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've put some of our diving pictures on:

http://msh-co.com/cozumel/index.html

Took the Xmas tree worm pictures Xmas morning.
No sharks - but we did get a turtle, rays and moray eels.

All taken with Nikon 4300 / FantaSea case / Sea&Sea YS50 / Mathias' TTL adapter.

Cozumel is my idea of a perfect place. The diving is fantastic - lots of stuff to see. Ah - the margaritas are the best!

See Ya!
Mark

Very Nice~!

Very good! Makes me wish for Coz!

Wow! What colors! And the Christmas tree worm, came all out for you, huh?
Hope we get to there someday.
Aloha, Lisa

liked all of the pictures,I liked the one of the sub.. too.. been on that It is great to see it from the outside of it ..

Great pics, thanks for sharing. Looks like this was taken at Chankanab. We were there last August. I am looking into updating my camera equipment, so I may look into your config. So far, I am leaning towards the Oly C5050 and PT-015 housing (thanks to Dee and TedJ). This looks like a nice combo also.

Thanks again for the memories and inspiration.

Dive Smart; Dive Safe
:cool1:

MaresMan1:
Great pics, thanks for sharing. Looks like this was taken at Chankanab. We were there last August. I am looking into updating my camera equipment, so I may look into your config. So far, I am leaning towards the Oly C5050 and PT-015 housing (thanks to Dee and TedJ). This looks like a nice combo also.

Thanks again for the memories and inspiration.

Dive Smart; Dive Safe
:cool1:

Man you are good! Although the pix are from 9 dives in different locations, most of the best shots are Chankanab. We did that dive on Christmas day. The Christmas tree worms were the first thing I noticed. My son and I were very excited to see them as we'd been looking for them all week. The big green moray came next. He was a whopper! Just came swimming by and startled me good. He seemed to enjoy posing for close-ups. The divemaster (Alberto) pointed out the spotted moray hiding in the rocks. Chankanab is like flying low above a beautful painted desert. The current was slow enough I could wait for the jawfish to emerge from his hole without losing the rest of the group. What a great dive! I'm going to give myself the same present next year.

I'd agree on your equipment accessment based on two critical items:
1. Ability to turn off pre-flash (enables use of ordinary slave strobes)
2. Ability to auto-focus in low light.

The Nikon does neither of these - although the TTL adapter works great and solves problem #1. I use a flashlight rubber-banded to my strobe to assist focus. It helps during the day, but doesn't work at all at night :-(

Regards,
Mark

Back
Top Bottom