Cozumel what to expect now

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

but then everything changed

Yes, I think that guy just got unlucky with the short 4 day trip. I just returned 10 days ago from a 30 dive trip there, and there were times it was feast or famine. I had a couple strings of 2-3 days where I just didn't see anything big at all. Then other days it was sharks, eels, rays, turtles galore. Overall I don't think it was much different than other times I've been there, and of course the reef has its seasons for stuff - I only saw one eagle ray on the whole trip, but if you go in late winter / early spring they can be everywhere.

If you're only there for a few days I can see how you might just miss those jackpot dives. But I thought everything looked really healthy and definitely had my share of "I saw all the things!" dives.

"Starting Nov. 8, unvaccinated U.S. citizens and permanent residents will need to take a test one day before departure and test again upon arrival in the U.S.

Entry requirements will not change for vaccinated Americans. They will still need to show proof of a negative coronavirus test taken no more than three days before departure
."

Still can't find a .gov website that shows the details, but this was from a yahoo article that links back to a usatoday article.

"Starting Nov. 8, unvaccinated U.S. citizens and permanent residents will need to take a test one day before departure and test again upon arrival in the U.S.

Entry requirements will not change for vaccinated Americans. They will still need to show proof of a negative coronavirus test taken no more than three days before departure
."

Still can't find a .gov website that shows the details, but this was from a yahoo article that links back to a usatoday article.
Thanks, but I will believe it when I see it on a .gov website. 24 hours before departure is a pretty tight window, and how would they enforce a testing requirement after arrival in the US? Test them in the airport? Don't let them through Immigration until they comply? Make them sit and wait for their results on the Group W bench?

I am vaxxed and getting in line for a booster, so I've no dog in this hunt.

I'm guessing that the November 8 changes are mostly about foreign nationals entering the US and for ground crossings. I don't think the details have been finished tho.
how would they enforce a testing requirement after arrival in the US? Test them in the airport? Don't let them through Immigration until they comply? Make them wait for their results on the Group W bench?
It could be done, like is done when visiting a prison inmate. Doubtful tho.

how would they enforce a testing requirement after arrival in the US? Test them in the airport?
From what I understand, that's what they were doing in Hawaii for a while.

I want you to go over there and sit on the bench marked Group W. NOW, kid! :D
I was actually there in 1965. not on the bench but at 110 Whitehall Street NYC. Pre induction physical.. Joined the Coast Guard instead.

Coming to Cozumel Nov.1. Diving with Jeremy, Living Underwater.

Thanks, but I will believe it when I see it on a .gov website. 24 hours before departure is a pretty tight window, and how would they enforce a testing requirement after arrival in the US? Test them in the airport? Don't let them through Immigration until they comply? Make them sit and wait for their results on the Group W bench?

I am vaxxed and getting in line for a booster, so I've no dog in this hunt.
It is one calendar day before departure just like 3 calendar days of departure before not 24 hours or 72 hours...
It will be a boarding requirement just like the 3 day requirement to load data. One day rapid test is an easy requirement, PCR is another story.
Testing after arrival is another story. I think it will be a requirement to load a test result on some government webpage a day or two after your arrival and not a test at the airport. No way could the airport handle that volume.

How many of y'all have backup proof of vaccination? I got such a document from my state health department. I'll carry my Vaxxed card with my passport in my backpack, my backup document in my roll-on with my spare PP photo and copy of PP page.

How many of y'all have backup proof of vaccination?
I've got pictures of it stored all over the place, but only one original and no email or other back up. As far as I know, Missouri doesn't offer such a thing. But maybe the hospital system where I got it has it. Roger was able to get record of his shot from Walmart though. Hmmm.

EDIT: I went into my record for the hospital system where I got my vaccine and found a downloaded document. Thanks DD! I wouldn't have gone looking except for this prompting. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom