Cozumel what to expect now

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"All foreign visitors must be vaccinated against COVID-19, and must show proof of vaccination before boarding a U.S.-bound airline. They must also provide a negative test taken no more than 72 hours prior to flying.

People traveling from Mexico or Canada do not need to show a negative test
. "
So if fully vaxxed foreigners coming to the US will not need a test, what does that mean for returning Americans?
I don't want to pick my own nose with a stick.
Don't you get tested the week after returning home? I use CVS drive-thru who watches me doing my own gentle swab. I always heard that you can't tickle yourself, but it does.
Well there are no signs of that requirement being dropped anytime soon. Come on man!
Read her quote. That'll kill a profitable business in Coz.

So if fully vaxxed foreigners coming to the US will not need a test, what does that mean for returning Americans?

Don't you get tested the week after returning home? I use CVS drive-thru who watches me doing my own gentle swab. I always heard that you can't tickle yourself, but it does.

Read her quote. That'll kill a profitable business in Coz.

Ah, no. Don't get people excited.

1. A whole bunch of non-US citizens will now be again allowed to fly to the US. They must have a vaccine AND a 72 prior or less COVID test.

2. US citizens flying home are STILL going to need a 72 hours or less before COVID test. Come on, man. No way the Administration is dropping that yet, cornpop.

3. No, I dont get a COVID test a week after coming home. I applaude you for doing so, but I don't see it as needed. So I get a test usually a day or so before I leave. I don't spend anytime in high density locations in Coz, mostly outside. I avoid getting close to people in the airports. The plane itself is really kind of a safer place with all that air filtering. I have more and closer contact at home. Also I tested my antibodies at LabCorp for fun and my Moderna Vaccine is ROCKING strong in the 900s.

"Americans traveling overseas must still show proof of a recent negative COVID-19 test, and unvaccinated Americans will face stricter testing requirements."

1. A whole bunch of non-US citizens will now be again allowed to fly to the US. They must have a vaccine AND a 72 prior or less COVID test.
The article says "People traveling from Mexico or Canada do not need to show a negative test."
2. US citizens flying home are STILL going to need a 72 hours or less before COVID test. Come on, man. No way the Administration is dropping that yet, cornpop.
Why not. Half of America isn't doing anything to stop the spread.
3. No, I dont get a COVID test a week after coming home. I applaude you for doing so, but I don't see it as needed.
Uh, I do think it's a good idea. I don't even get out of the car. Free. After increased exposure of any trip I make nowadays, I want to check. Early treatment if needed.

The article says "People traveling from Mexico or Canada do not need to show a negative test."

Why not. Half of America isn't doing anything to stop the spread.

Uh, I do think it's a good idea. I don't even get out of the car. Free. After increased exposure of any trip I make nowadays, I want to check. Early treatment if needed.

1. Read the Reuters article. I think what maybe included according to Reuters is vaccinated non-US citizens can cross the land border without a COVID test. The one sentence in that Hill article is not clear or detailed. The Reuters' is and Reuters article is the one confirmed by an Administration guy on twitter.

U.S. to lift restrictions Nov 8 for vaccinated foreign travelers

2. 57% are fully vaccinated in the US. Add in the unvaxxed with prior infection and we are making good progress. Don't be a Debbie Downer.

3. As I said, I applaud you. However, my exposure to people at home is kind a higher, so my situation is different.

So I think I found the flummox. You have NEVER been required to get a test to come back from Mexico by land or sea, so that just continues.

Effective January 26, all airline passengers to the United States ages two years and older must provide a negative COVID-19 viral test taken within three calendar days of travel. Alternatively, travelers to the U.S. may provide documentation from a licensed health care provider of having recovered from COVID-19 in the 90 days preceding travel. Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions . This requirement does not apply to travelers entering the United States by land or sea or to children under two years of age. It applies to U.S. citizens, as well as foreign nationals, regardless of vaccination status.

That remains a question until we can find the info on a .gov website for clarification. Mexicans and Canadians will be able to travel here with just a vaccination and no test ... but not so sure about us icky Muricans.

That remains a question until we can find the info on a .gov website for clarification. Mexicans and Canadians will be able to travel here with just a vaccination and no test ... but not so sure about us icky Muricans.
ONLY across a land border, NOT by air.

1. Read the Reuters article. I think what maybe included according to Reuters is vaccinated non-US citizens can cross the land border without a COVID test. The one sentence in that Hill article is not clear or detailed. The Reuters' is and Reuters article is the one confirmed by an Administration guy on twitter.

U.S. to lift restrictions Nov 8 for vaccinated foreign travelers
Ok, well, that answers that for now, and it's a stupid mistake in my opinion. I hope that some news people in the Whitehouse briefing room will ask when they plan to fix that if they can let go of the recent other mistake.
2. 57% are fully vaccinated in the US. Add in the unvaxxed with prior infection and we are making good progress.
Oh, the news is full of articles about the numerous oppositions to vaccines and masks. I'm grateful we conquered polio, smallpox, and the other diseases that we have before the idiots got into so much power.
So I think I found the flummox. You have NEVER been required to get a test to come back from Mexico by land or sea, so that just continues.
A past mistake to be fixed by the vaccination requirement, but if the foreigner in the next seat can fly to the US with vaccination only then it's a mistake to require a test of the vaxxed Americans. The easy fix is to make it so that the vaxxed can fly period, any planes, domestic or international, to or from.
3. As I said, I applaud you. However, my exposure to people at home is kind a higher, so my situation is different.
Yeah, you should be getting tested every week at home I guess.

Ok, well, that answers that for now, and it's a stupid mistake in my opinion. I hope that some news people in the Whitehouse briefing room will ask when they plan to fix that if they can let go of the recent other mistake.

Oh, the news is full of articles about the numerous oppositions to vaccines and masks. I'm grateful we conquered polio, smallpox, and the other diseases that we have before the idiots got into so much power.
But still we are making progress. Regardless of the issues, it is the wild west these days on information. Decide what you want to believe about anything and hook up with like minded people on SM. Not sure how we ever get past it.
A past mistake to be fixed by the vaccination requirement, but if the foreigner in the next seat can fly to the US with vaccination only then it's a mistake to require a test of the vaxxed Americans. The easy fix is to make it so that the vaxxed can fly period, any planes, domestic or international, to or from.
Nobody can fly in with out a test. US people can fly in with out a vax. Non-us need a vax still
Yeah, you should be getting tested every week at home I guess.
Well, that' s not the accepted best practice at the moment. I did hear Johns Hopkins has another antibody test apparently even better at testing the continuing strength of a vaccine. Sounds interesting. But for now, 9 months out from the my first shot, I still have big numbers, so I feel pretty good about it.

ONLY across a land border, NOT by air.
The fact is we won't know what this means until a .gov website explains it, and makes it as crystal clear as any .gov website can! I don't trust the media to get it correct the first time. The link the Reuters article references is to Kevin Munoz' tweet that says both international air and land travel:

"The US’ new travel policy that requires vaccination for foreign national travelers to the United States will begin on Nov 8. This announcement and date applies to both international air travel and land travel. This policy is guided by public health, stringent, and consistent.."

The article you linked says:

"Starting Nov. 8, the United States will admit fully vaccinated foreign air travelers from the 26 so-called Schengen countries in Europe, including France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Switzerland and Greece, as well as Britain, Ireland, China, India, South Africa, Iran and Brazil. The unprecedented U.S. restrictions have barred non-U.S. citizens who were in those countries within the past 14 days."

That's air travelers, not via land border. Per the usual, it's 'clear as mud'. But eventually we will get a clarification. For our purposes, on the Cozumel sub-forum, the real question is 'will we be required to get a negative test to leave Mexico and return to the US?'.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom