Cozumel Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I noticed everyone had on 3mil?? how was the water temp? Love your photos, it seems like everytime we dive CZM we are zooming along so fast that we hardly see anything. Headed down early Sept, hope the weather is good.

I noticed everyone had on 3mil?? how was the water temp? Love your photos, it seems like everytime we dive CZM we are zooming along so fast that we hardly see anything. Headed down early Sept, hope the weather is good.
The current varies from site to site and day to day. Sometimes minute to minute. :D

Great post, thanks for sharing! I think your lobster pic is my 2nd favorite lobster pic of all time :)

There are two species there, the Caribbean and Spotted spiny lobsters. I saw a 10#+ Caribbean out in the open and took a shot, but without a diver for reference, it didn't look very big. The little spotted one was in two feet of water in front of the hotel. I looked at him every day, but that was the only time he was out of his den enough for a photo.

I wonder if the unidentified shrimp is a spotted cleaner shrimp and the spots on the back are not showing up clearly for some reason? I loved the photos! It was interesting to hear your perspective going from a norm of cold water diving to Cozumel drift diving. Also, I noted that you had many pictures of sponges - something we tend to take for granted that dive the Caribbean more often than other places. Thanks for the report!

Nice pix! Love the macros especially. I had to laugh at your comment on the Sgt Majors... the little nippers. The pix of the spotted drum reminds me of the comment a friend made to me when I posted (someone else's) pix of one on my FB Page.... "Spotted Drum - you mean the one with the stripes?"

The habit of everyone having to be geared up, ready and rush into the water as soon as the boat stops is common in Cozumel in my experience. I think part of it is the excitement to go but really, what's the hurry? I went with 2 different ops this last trip that slow it down and take their time - it really was a nice change. Hey the DM and Capi may be going to work but we're on VACATION!

Thanks for posting.

Great shots! You got to SCC the day after I left. What a fantastic place - I'll try to post photos and do a report this week. I cannot wait to return. (But I'm jealous: I didn't see a single Flamingo Tongue in 21 dives.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom