Cozumel Trip report November 2013 - lots of photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes RAW is the ticket, and you've got some very nice shots. Now on my monitor most look a bit dark to more than a bit dark BUT my monitor is calibrated brightness wise to match the output from my printers so it's likely that's why I'm seeing what I see. Do you edit with your monitor set to full brightness?

I have not modified my monitor output. When I print I have to play with the photo or output every time. I haven't printed that much lately.

Here are a couple shots of the ornate elysia the divemaster found during our last trip. BTW, I love your picture of the pipehorse.

20130507-IMG_2129.jpg20130507-IMG_2131.jpg

Great colour! What are you shooting with and what strobes are you using?

I am using an Olympus OM-D EM-5, Nauticam housing, 12-50 mm lens that has macro ability, and 2 YS-02 strobes. I also have a video light which I will sometimes use for landscape shots if it's very dark.

---------- Post added December 1st, 2013 at 12:37 PM ----------

Very nice. What lens were you using for Macro?

m.zuiko 12-50mm with stock gear set. Has macro ability.

So I guess you are saying this DOESN'T look corrected? Lovely. You should have seen the unretouched.....

Wait a minute. Is it just me or does my Sealife DC1200 NOT shoot raw?

Unfortunately, the SeaLife cameras do not offer RAW formatting.

Thanks CVChief and Stronj1 for the elysia ID. I expected to see some orange/yellow on the edges. My ID books say it's supposed to be around 1-1.5 inches long but mine was about 1/2 inch so maybe the color has not developed yet (Juv?).

---------- Post added December 2nd, 2013 at 09:36 AM ----------

Speaking of white balance and editing. The first eagle ray in this post I did using a JPEG (second image). Not sure why I started that way but realized quickly that I should switch to RAW. This one I used RAW and took only a few minutes to adjust.

Coz_Nov_2013_Eagle_Ray001wbc.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom