Cozumel Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RickyF

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The wife and are planning our first Cozumel trip for May or June of 2012 and plan to stay for two weeks. We have been going to Roatan for the last four years and want to try something different. I am a 59 year old rescue certified diver with about 400 dives. Wife is not a diver and just enjoys quiet time reading and relaxing.

Due to my job, I have to have good internet access in the room and need a place that has a separate bedroom as I am an early riser and the wife likes to sleep in.

We are looking at El Cantil Resort and I had a friend recommend Blue XTSea Divers. Anyone have any experience with these two operations?

Thanks!!

Ricky

Just so happens I have a 2 BR unit at El Cantil. (see the link in my sig line) Also, my wife and I have been diving with five different operators over the years but now dive only with Blue XT Sea. From what you've written, sounds like a great plan. Take a look at the condo and feel free to PM me for additional info.

You will not go wrong staying at ElCantil. Its a perfect location. BTravlins unit is in a great location in the building. I would follow up with him! We stayed at ElCantil in another unit last March, it was beautiful (Casa de Playa LC-N) and we enjoyed staying there. The one problem we had with it was that the sliding glass door did not open directly onto the pool and dock area. We had to go down and thru the garage to get to the pool or the dock. Not a huge problem but for us, there will be better options next time.
Our first choice for diving has always been Albatros Charters. We love diving with them, small company personal service, small fast boats. When Albatros was not available we have dove with BlueXT Sea and have been very satisfied.

Last edited:
We will gladly let you know in a few weeks after we return from staying at El Cantil ourselves. We choose the location after our last trip to Cozumel. While the all-inclusives are fine, we do prefer a location closer to town because there are so many great restaurants. We were at Hotel Cozumel and noticed El Cantil when walking to dinner. The location is ideal...close enough to town to walk off some calories after dinner without doing a full aerobic workout, across the street from the grocery store and what appear to be nice amenities....also one of the better restaurants (Prima) on top of the building. The unit we are booked into is pool level and we like the idea of doing some cooking on our own while still patronizing some long time favourites.

Many dive operators will pick you up from the El Cantil dock and you certainly won't go wrong with Blue XT Sea....they are one of the most recommended dive ops on this forum. Christie's restaurant list is worth checking out for some outstanding places for dinner.

Yes to both....Michael and I have stayed at El Cantil a few times, different condos , and all were very nice. The amenities, pool, sitting beach, hot tubs on balconies, dedicated dive pier, full service condo and wireless internet is wonderful. Plus easy walking distance to town, grocery, shops is very nice for all, especially non divers. Then there is the view which is fantastic !

DH and I have also been Blue XTSea for almost 10years. We each have over 200 dives with Christie and her awesome crew. IMMHO an excellent choice for your Cozumel Dive op.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask. Wishing you and yours a wonderful time !
Sue

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom