Cozumel Photos - Blue Angel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The blue ring octopus was on the side of the C53 wreck

Blue ring octopus is an octopus in Pacific, very deadly, and definitely not this guy.

Check out Humann's Reef Creature ID.... I think it is the Caribbean Two-spot Octopus which is characterized by "a blue ring which creates a false eye marking, called an ocellus, below the true eye. Skin texture forms a reticulated pattern of patches and thin grooves. Color extremely variable, often mottled."

We spent the week of July 19-26, 2013 in Cozumel at the Blue Angel Hotel and the associated dive shop. This was our second trip to Cozumel, but it felt like the first time because it had been ten years since we hade been there. Frankly, I did not know what I was doing on my first trip to Cozumel, so I did not plan it well. As a result, I am came away with a wrong view of Cozumel diving. I have already booked a return trip for May 2014; hence, you can tell that my opinion has changed.

I will post the trip report when we get it done. But it might be a while.

You can check out our Photo Album from our July 2013 trip at
Cozumel 2013 Photo Gallery by kimdawson at pbase.com

Photos were taken with a Canon 7D (Canon 60mm and 100mm macro lenses, Tokina 10-17mm fish-eye lens, dual Inon Z240 strobes, and Aquatica housing).

Killer pics!

A+! Very nice!

I thought you promised me a shore dive with frogfish next week?

We have an IDC starting on Tuesday, but I can make this work (frogfish permitting). How long are you here? And what time do you start with the tequila? that is, maybe an afternoon dive?

See you shortly!

Back
Top Bottom