Cozumel Palace f/k/a Plaza Las Glorias update...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christi

PADI MSDT/Former CZM Dive op owner
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I have it on very good authority, that despite what has been posted on other boards, the hotel IS NOT yet open to the general public.

Our own Holly (photocoz) of Island Photo met with management yesterday regarding other business related matters. (Holly, please correct me if I misunderstood any of this :)

They did in fact have some "guests" in the hotel a week or so ago, but they were Palace resort employees and friends for a "test run" to work out kinks and to check punch list items.

The answer when asked when the official opening dates is..."soon." Whatever that means. I am guessing June 1 will be the opening date, but that is a pure guess!

This makes much more sense to me. Everytime I pass by there (several times a day) I never see anyone other than workers going in or out and the lobby hurricane doors are closed often, which they would not be if the hotel was in fact open.

Non-hotel guests WILL NOT be permitted through the front door or past the lobby if they make it that far.

We'll keep you posted as we have answers :)

Is the Aqua Safari shop that's located there open or closed?

Just got back from Coz. From what I saw, I will be very surprised if they are open in less than a month.

Rich Hagelin

They are taking reservations on-line for the month of July.

Christi:
I have it on very good authority, that despite what has been posted on other boards, the hotel IS NOT yet open to the general public.

Our own Holly (photocoz) of Island Photo met with management yesterday regarding other business related matters. (Holly, please correct me if I misunderstood any of this :)

They did in fact have some "guests" in the hotel a week or so ago, but they were Palace resort employees and friends for a "test run" to work out kinks and to check punch list items.

The answer when asked when the official opening dates is..."soon." Whatever that means. I am guessing June 1 will be the opening date, but that is a pure guess!

This makes much more sense to me. Everytime I pass by there (several times a day) I never see anyone other than workers going in or out and the lobby hurricane doors are closed often, which they would not be if the hotel was in fact open.

Non-hotel guests WILL NOT be permitted through the front door or past the lobby if they make it that far.

We'll keep you posted as we have answers :)

Sorry for the delay - I am in Miami and this was the first chance I had to check the board - sure have missed it!!!!
ANYWAY, 2 days before I left for Miami, Armando & I were INSIDE the hotel!!!! CLEARLY not open yet, but getting REALLY close! No date was given to us for the opening, but they did say "soon"!!!! They did say that some of the Cancun big wigs had been there the week before and they were acting guests so that the new staff could practice. As we were walking to one of the offices that was on the 5th floor, down a long hallway of hotel rooms, some of the doors were open with maids working in them - they looked REALLY nice! The pool area is wonderful - all looks pretty spectacular!
Aqua Safari is open, and they were waiting on their new furniture, which Bill Horn said is quite nice!!!!
That's all the scoop I have!!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom