Cozumel/Isla Mujeres trip report. (Very long)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is a link to my facebook page with some pictures from the party. I can not say enough about what a great group of people Scubamau are. I am not sure how many dive shops on Cozumel would do this tyoe of party for their guests, and I know I am not the only one that they have done this with.

Welcome to Facebook

Hmmm, you may have to add me as a friend. If so just mention you are with scubaboard.

DiverG,
I'm not on facebook so I can't see your pictures of your party. I'm so sorry about your ears. I'm no doctor and don't know if it would have helped, however, IF there is a next time this happens to you try to remember this. Go to Chedraui pharmacy and ask for OTO ENI. It's prescription drops for ears that works almost overnight! One trip back around 2002, I had a similar ear issue that popped up toward the end of a 10 day trip. Even after I sat out 2 dive days by choice to try to help alleviate the problem, I was still afraid to fly the next day without clearance from a DAN doctor, so we went by the Cozumel chamber clinic and had the doctor check my ear out. He prescribed the Oto Eni and told us where a pharmacy was that would still be open. It worked within 24 hours and we were able to make our plane ride home without having to suffer change fees.(I'd love to have HAD to stay, but those darn airline fees hurt the pocketbook!) I've been able to get Oto Eni each trip without a prescription since then. FYI, I checked at 3 places this last trip and Chedraui pharmacy still has it the cheapest.
I agree totally about the friendliness of the WHOLE Scuba Mau team. They are an awesome dive op that we enjoyed tremendously too. Sounds like the whale sharks were fun...Maybe someday.......
Thanks for taking the time to share your trip.

I can not believe that I left this out of my initial trip report because it was a great experience. This happened in Isla on the whale shark snorkel. It was during the long search in heavy seas that we came across a pod of dolphins. They stayed with us for at least 10 minutes. Some would cut across the bow, and others were along the side riding the waves. That alone would have made the trip worthwhile even if we didn't find the whale sharks.

Back
Top Bottom