Cozumel Is BACK!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is good to hear,,,,hope the reefs were not damaged to much.

Interesting... I've been reading websites dedicated to informing peeps of the conditions in Cozumel and I'm sure the locals will be delighted that Norwegian is returning to the island- the Mexican economy really suffers when the tourists aren't hitting Coz and Cancun. The main message that the locals and dive shops are trying to get across to the tourists is: COME DIVE, PLEASE! Their survival depends upon it. As far as the reefs, the shallow ones like Tormentos were the most affected. The deeper ones are supposed to be largely unchanged, but there are a few exceptions.

The cruise ship piers were destroyed, except I think one is still functional. I hope you have a blast, and please be sure to tip those hard-working folks well! Which dive shop will you use in Coz and Roatan? (Have you been diving there? You are in for a real treat.) Please give us a trip report when you return! I will be diving blue water vicariously for an indefinite time... the travel budget in our household has been temporarily sidelined, as our empty nest has become fuller, and will continue to grow by one new grandbaby in Jan. But, as we know- big blessings can come in small packages!

Foo

Just got back today from a cruise.
We dove Santa Rosa Wall & Tunich Reef on 11-17 are both still great dives.
Please take what you can in a spare suitcase as many locals have lost everything to WILMA(You can refill the suitcase at the local"non-cruise ship stores"as this would help them as well)
HAVE A GREAT TRIP and if you dive other sites report back to the board of there condition when you return

Back
Top Bottom