Cozumel in T-24 hours!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DAY OF REST... like you need a rest from diving...

But we decided our big day-off project this year would be to see the East Side of the Island! So we rented a sweet little VW convertible, headed down to Playa Palancar for lunch, and then spent the afternoon sunning at Chen Rio. Gorgeous rest day - even if I am a little pink around the edges now :)

Diving again tomorrow

Attachments

• IMG_0659.JPG
    IMG_0659.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2753.JPG
    IMG_2753.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0655.JPG
    IMG_0655.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2757.JPG
    IMG_2757.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 30
Okay, tomorrow is one week from the day we arrive on Coz... thank you so much for the play-by-plays, helps me wait a little longer. Glad you're having such a great time, that's the way it should be! V-a-c-a-t-i-o-n. Get there fast and take it slow.

I will be there on August 5th

One of the things that my buddy and I have been talking about for a while is diving Punta Sur - the Devil's Throat. Gabi Loco has been taking us through small pass throughs all week and so we felt we were up for it. So that's what we did this AM. Because of the current, we actually did was Gabi Loco calls the Devil's Ass because we sank to 126 feet and then swam up all the passages. It was AWESOME!!!! After doing all the cut backs we ended up in Cathedral. It was sooo veeeery COOL!! I was just flying after the dive. I am so glad I did it. And the way cool thing was that I did it calmly. We came up at around 40 minutes and I had 1100 psi left - I did the whole thing in under 2000 pounds. WOO!! But I had to stay shallow because I acquired some deco going so deep so I went ahead and called the dive.

Second dive was at Cedral. Very awesome drift dive. Saw nudibranches, pipehorses, and pipefish - and 2 reef sharks.

Just way cool. Final day tomorrow...

Didnt take any particularly cool photos today, but I went arty and got this one of my DM while he was under me. Thought the bubble effect was cool.

Attachments

• Coz0717 002.jpg
    Coz0717 002.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 28
I will be there on August 5th

We'll miss ya by 3 days- we depart for home on the 2nd- too bad!! But we will leave plenty of cervezas for you, senor.

Last Day of Diving :(

But I went out with a bang. We did Palancar Dives first. Which was actually a bit of a traffic jam - too many people on the reef. But it really makes you grateful for the way you have been spoiled on small boats with small groups for the whole week.

Second dive we revisited Delilah. Awesome. 2 turtles, 2 sharks, 2 rays - including a spotted eagle. WAY COOL!!! What a way to wrap up a Cozumel dive vacation, and it was also my 75th dive. Not a bad way to mark it.

Will be back at my desk on Monday staring at my computer and dreaming of coral reefs with big turtles...

Attachments

• Coz0718 012.jpg
    Coz0718 012.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Coz0718 016.jpg
    Coz0718 016.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Coz0718 014.jpg
    Coz0718 014.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 26
Keep that image in your mind when you come diving next weekend :D

Last Day of Diving :(

But I went out with a bang. We did Palancar Dives first. Which was actually a bit of a traffic jam - too many people on the reef. But it really makes you grateful for the way you have been spoiled on small boats with small groups for the whole week.

Second dive we revisited Delilah. Awesome. 2 turtles, 2 sharks, 2 rays - including a spotted eagle. WAY COOL!!! What a way to wrap up a Cozumel dive vacation, and it was also my 75th dive. Not a bad way to mark it.

Will be back at my desk on Monday staring at my computer and dreaming of coral reefs with big turtles...

Ugh!! Coming back is hard to do!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom