Cozumel in T-24 hours!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My only frustration is that my Oceanic VT3 is still claiming its wet when it is bone dry so I cant get my dives downloaded. Anyone know where the blasted sensor is on it so I can target some A/C at it and make it know that it is OK to talk to my computer???

I think the contacts are in the data port where you plug in your download cable.

Hairdryer turned the trick. Got dives downloaded!! :) Yeah!!

Santa Rosa Wall tomorrow!!

Day 2

Santa Rosa Wall - Bounced down to 115 ft just so I can impress those non-divers who think its about depth not duration :wink: Did some awesome pass-throughs too. Was still down for an hour even with all the depth. Love Santa Rosa Wall - I do kind of want to keep following the wall down and down and down...

Yukap Wall - Shallower wall for dive two and a new one for me. Awesome - 5 turtles!! SO cool!! In fact - I almost lost the group because I get so single minded chasing turtles. Thank God for my buddies bright yellow fins and a very watchful DM.

Attachments

• Coz0711 030.jpg
    Coz0711 030.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 34
  • Coz0711 040.jpg
    Coz0711 040.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Coz0711 042.jpg
    Coz0711 042.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 43
Sounds like you're having a great time. Much better than the dives I've been on ths weekend. But it's also better than nothing. Some great pics of hawksbills. You're doing well with your camera. Looking forward to the next report.

Awesome - 5 turtles!! SO cool!!

Turtles are so beautiful- that profile picture you shot is absolutely breathtaking! Good work, gf. Thanks for sharing. I'll look for that guy in a couple of weeks. :D

I hear the coral is almost all the way back from the hurricane is that true, as I am going there next month.

Day 3

Dive 1 - Columbia - breathtaking and stunning. I didnt see it pre-hurricane so I have no basis for comparison. But this was an amazing dive. The DM led us through a maze of passthroughs which were awesome! Each one leading into an amazing vista. Truly awesome dive. A bit short as there was no current and we had to kick the whole way. So only 40 minutes or so. But so beautiful. If you come to Cozumel ask to go to this site!

Dive 2 - Delilah...SHARKS!! We saw 3 reef sharks plus a way long eel tucked in a rock. Got some good pix I need to download. Just a fun dive.

Buddy and I worked on our tans post dive and now we're taking a break in the A/C before dinner. So cool!!

Day 4

Two awesome, peaceful drift dives at Palancar Gardens and White House. SEVEN turtles on the morning for the two dives. The DM even got on with me and the turtle. SO COOL!! And we saw an eagle ray flitting about in the distance too - but not close enough to photograph with my camera.

Heres more pix - with my shark from yesterday. I love the square on pic I got of the turtle - its like I tolf him to smile for the camera :)

Attachments

• Coz0713 012.jpg
    Coz0713 012.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 35
  • Coz0714 008.jpg
    Coz0714 008.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 37
  • Coz0714 011.jpg
    Coz0714 011.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 39
Day 5 - Birthday Dives!!

Dive 1 - Columbia Wall. Awesome dive - DEEP dive. I was diving 32% nitrox and just blissing out on the view, following the DMs fins, and then looked down at my wrist. UP! UP! UP!! I had sunk to 131 feet and didnt even realize. WOO! And I could have kept going. It was just so cool. Lots of coral - and we did a cool scarylicious passthrough too. For a minute I thought the DM was just going head first into a wall. But we did it backwards from normal and so went head down a hole and came out on the sand. But it was WAY cool.

Dive 2 - Tormentos Reef. Seahorses were the name of the day. We found 3!! My little reefmaster mini cant capture the detail - but you do know you are looking at a seahorse. Awesome drift dive. Was down for almost an hour and got pulled up by the DM with 1100 psi left. I love to drift :)

Attachments

• Coz0715 004.jpg
    Coz0715 004.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Coz0715 005.jpg
    Coz0715 005.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 29
Okay, tomorrow is one week from the day we arrive on Coz... thank you so much for the play-by-plays, helps me wait a little longer. Glad you're having such a great time, that's the way it should be! V-a-c-a-t-i-o-n. Get there fast and take it slow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom