Cozumel In October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RLarsen

Reaction score
Should I have any second thoughts about traveling to Cozumel for diving during the end of october ? I'm a little concerned about the weather and don't want to miss any dive days because of it.
Thanks
Rex

RLarsen:
Should I have any second thoughts about traveling to Cozumel for diving during the end of october ? I'm a little concerned about the weather and don't want to miss any dive days because of it.
Thanks
Rex

One never knows, do one?

That is a fairly low risk time to go, weather-wise. Hurricane season is about done, and the nortes usually don't affect Cozumel until later. Of course, there are never any guarantees.

Just go for it! After all that's what margaritas are for...rainy days.

I'm with Gordon, it's twards the end of big storm season and Cozumel is really a 'low risk' for hurricanes anyway, they don't get hit by many, although they do get some side effects from storms passing by.

At the end of last summer (early Sept.) when all the hurricanes were hitting Florida, the currents in Cozumel were kinda goofy but the diving was still great. we didn't have any days called because of weather.

RLarsen:
Thanks
Rex
I was there October 24-31 2004. The weather was pretty nice. We got one day on the mainland where the beach was too choppy for people to snorkel, but I didn't miss any dive days. In fact I got pretty sunburnt.

Jerry

We go every May and Oct or Nov.. Best times for us. Crowds are at the lowest and the weather has ALWAYS been great. We did miss a hurricane a few years back in Sept tho...........lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom