Cozumel in mid May?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jimisurf

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm looking at going to Cozumel in Mid-May. Is this a good time of year to go? I'm thinking viz, crouds, sea life, etc. Any suggestions or info would be helpful.

Jimi

IMHO, May is probably the best month to go. For some reason, it's considered the beginning of low season, and granted, it may or may not be rainy in May. But I've been in May and the weather was perfect for my visit--not a cloud in the sky, water temps were about 82, there were people but it wasn't overly crowded. Plus it's usually before most people get out of school and it's generally cheaper than going Jan-April. I've been in April and paid more for the trip and the water was freezing and it was cloudy and rainy the whole time. And I've been in June and it was sweltering, humid, buggy and very crowded. I know weather is all luck of the draw but I would pick May over just about any other month in Cozumel. In fact, I"m working on booking a trip in May myself! Have a great time on your trip!

I've gone to Cozumel 4X in May. Mostly due to it being cheaper. I've always had good weather. When there was rain it usually lasted for an hour or so then the sun came out. The diving has always been great. I've also been there in February and November. May is the best in my book due to price and lack of crowds. Just an idea,, you may want to pay a few extra dollars and get a fast boat. Usually max of 6 divers and take you where you want to go. Have Fun!

Looks like I may have stumbled on one of the better times to go. I will be booking the trip next week.

Thanks for the info...

Jimi

We always go between May and July.
It's Hot, but hey, It's Mexico - It's supposed to be hot.

We are going the second week of June and I can't wait.

We have always had good weather in those three months. I fear going at other times, because it might ruin my image of paradise.

May is a great time to go. I was able to get a Friday-Monday at an all inclusive, including air for 299.00 from Houston. This is the best price I have seen for this in a while.

"May is a great time to go. I was able to get a Friday-Monday at an all inclusive, including air for 299.00 from Houston. This is the best price I have seen for this in a while."

dnhill

Where did you get such a deal? Sounds good to me. Please share!

all4diving

:sharky:

I found the deal at Funjet.com. If you look under "Hot Deals" and use IAH as the departure point you can look for a trip to CZM. After going though the motions of looking at the deal, you are able to see the prices for all hotels that they have. Of course, they have some tax added and they try to add in trip insurance, but when you go to the travel agent to book the deal, you do not have to pay for insurance. I have done this type of trip 4 times in the past year counting the trip that begins on Friday of this week. The "Hot Deal" section usually requires you to not make reservations until about a month or two out, but they have had a deal ongoing for months. I hope this is clear, if not let me know.

Duane

dnhill once bubbled...
I found the deal at Funjet.com. If you look under "Hot Deals" and use IAH as the departure point you can look for a trip to CZM. After going though the motions of looking at the deal, you are able to see the prices for all hotels that they have. Of course, they have some tax added and they try to add in trip insurance, but when you go to the travel agent to book the deal, you do not have to pay for insurance. I have done this type of trip 4 times in the past year counting the trip that begins on Friday of this week. The "Hot Deal" section usually requires you to not make reservations until about a month or two out, but they have had a deal ongoing for months. I hope this is clear, if not let me know.

Duane

dnhill

Thanks for the info. I will be in Coz myself for 10 days on Thursday. Thinking of trying to do a long weekend maybe in Sept or October so this "Hot Deals" might be just the ticket. I will check it out. I have seen this Funjet deal on Welchtravels website but have never really given it much thought. Will now.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom