Cozumel in January

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have dove with Aldora Divers the last 3 visits to Cozumel. Always have great service and great dives. Usually have Luis as dive master, Mattao a couple of times, and Memo took us cenote diving on the mainland. The additional cost relative to bottom time is still a better bargain for me. Will be diving with them again on our visit 1-19 thru 1-26. The last 3 times have also stayed at the Villa Aldora. My non-diving spouse and I love the service provided by Greg and Kay as well as the intimate feel at the Villa. The free unlimited calls back home are also great.

South 4 Scuba:
(snip)
If you are not looking for an all-inclusive hotel then you might consider Hotel Cozumel. Don't eat there, just use their great pool, dock and dive operation.

(snip)

We like the convenience of Dive Paradise which operates out of Hotel Cozumel. They are very friendly and have big slow boats. Maybe it's just me, but I don't like the bumpy wet ride of the go-fast boats. I like to socialize on the way to the dive sites, take a leak between dives and have a good area to gear up before the dive. Dive Paradise provides that for me.

(snip)
South 4 Scuba
:)
My stay at Hotel Cozumel was my first vacation, where the surface interval rivaled the diving for fun.... Our group paid a bit less, and we got them to throw in a couple extra dives... but we had 25 divers, and worked a deal. The Dive Paradise boat we used, was well run. Good breifings. Nice selection of sites. The boat was ready when we surfaed. Great diving!

...but the surface interval! They have a buffet for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They also have a menu. (O.K. It's the same menu every day, but there are several things on it. You could have a different thing each meal.) ...but if you're off your diet... you sit down and order something off the menu, then go eat from the buffet until your order arrives.

The free drinks are only the local stuff. On vacation I order the local stuff anyway, so Sol beer, and generic tequilla are fine. If you want a Martini, perhaps it's worth it to buy top shelf booze. For a fruity rum drink??? Just get whatever they pour.

When we were there, they even put on stage shows each night. ("Stage shows" may mis-represent a bit. They were on a stage, but it's the cleaning and waiter staff that put on the shows.) If you drink enough of the previously mentioned free booze, the shows are hilarious.

I will be back to Hotel Cozumel, and I will eat (lots, and lots of) the food! I might even try another of the fruity umbrella drinks. :wink:

Rev. Blade:
My stay at Hotel Cozumel was my first vacation, where the surface interval rivaled the diving for fun.... Our group paid a bit less, and we got them to throw in a couple extra dives... but we had 25 divers, and worked a deal. The Dive Paradise boat we used, was well run. Good breifings. Nice selection of sites. The boat was ready when we surfaed. Great diving!

...but the surface interval! They have a buffet for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They also have a menu. (O.K. It's the same menu every day, but there are several things on it. You could have a different thing each meal.) ...but if you're off your diet... you sit down and order something off the menu, then go eat from the buffet until your order arrives.

The free drinks are only the local stuff. On vacation I order the local stuff anyway, so Sol beer, and generic tequilla are fine. If you want a Martini, perhaps it's worth it to buy top shelf booze. For a fruity rum drink??? Just get whatever they pour.

When we were there, they even put on stage shows each night. ("Stage shows" may mis-represent a bit. They were on a stage, but it's the cleaning and waiter staff that put on the shows.) If you drink enough of the previously mentioned free booze, the shows are hilarious.

I will be back to Hotel Cozumel, and I will eat (lots, and lots of) the food! I might even try another of the fruity umbrella drinks. :wink:

You just described every AI hotel on the island

Lest anyone might misinterpret my comments about eating at Hotel Cozumel, here is a minor clarification. There is nothing wrong with the food at Hotel Cozumel. It's typical resort food. We usually eat breakfast there.

Why pay for AI at the resort when you are only 1.6 km from town. It only costs $3 to $4 for a cab ride to town. Check out some of the great restaurants when you go there. You will find endless recommendations on this board.

:D
S4S

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom