Cozumel for families: Fiesta Americana or Allegro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello,
My family and I are interested in going to Cozumel ... one of us dives, the wife doesn't, and the 9 and 10 year olds just snorkel ...

A travel service recommended these two sites for us: Allegro or Fiesta Americana. Has anyone, who is in my similar situation, experienced these places to stay? We would like to be in as much of a "non-party" type atmosphere as possible or have to answer a lot of embarrassing questions from the kids on why "the lady in the next room is moaning and screaming so much every night".

Also, of course, access to good diving outfits are important as well ... not sure about which resort offers the "better" dive operators.

An all-inclusive resort isn't super important to us as we don't mind going out and and exploring other places to eat. We're just trying to find the best possible balance to keep all happy (diver, non-diver, and kids)

Thanks
TC

trash_collector

Both facilities are nice but FA is probably a bit nicer but not much. Both facilites are serviced by most Dive Ops on the island. I would not choose my hotel based on in-house DO since you can use almost any of them. Now, you may get a package deal that is better than others through the hotel but if you ask they can accomodate you with just about anyone especially if you book through a scuba TA like Bay Adventures or Scuba Travel.

You might also consider a condo. There are many assorted condos available. Most of the hotels are going to have a bar at the pool and some who tend to not know when to quit if you know what I mean. That's why the condo might be nice. Do a condo search in Google for Coz. I have several differnet sites if you want to PM me I will forward via email as I don't have them here at the office.

Good luck and have a great time.

There is nothing for kids to do at Fiesta Americana. Besides, if you stay at FA you might get stuck in the room next to mine and have to make some awkward explanations to your kids in the morning.

:mean:

I've stayed at both FA and Allegro and if you're looking for a place with stuff for kids to do, there's no comparison...Allegro all the way. FA is a nice enough hotel, but Allegro has a lot of activities, playground type gear, kiddie pool, "shows" etc. that are family friendly. Not a party type place (although neither is FA, IMHO).

sdwho

There are activities for kids all day long and my kids loved it. Also the food was very "kid friendly": burgers and fries, etc. out at the snack area.

Li

Another vote for Allegro.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Another vote for Allegro. I stayed here the end of July of this year and had a blast. Two big pools, and a big nice beach. All inclusive. Saw lots of kids playing in the pool and the beach and having a good time.

Read my trip report, but if you have any detailed questions, don't hesitate to ask me. Do a search for Cozumel, blue bubble, allegro.

Back
Top Bottom