Cozumel, exBrisas, Dive Paradize (Very short report)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

M_B

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
As i promised.

We went for one week ( Dec 18-25 ) dive trip down to Cozumel.
Bought package 7 days 5 days 2 tank staying in exBrisas, AI.

i should add that we were there ( in Brisas.) back in August 03. And this time our agent talked us into staying in the same place even though i was very "unhappy" with August exp. Main reason why we made this choice - we already knew what to expect plus fast&dirty research on hotels didn't reveal anything new.

So. Thursday - Sat - constant northern wind, port closed for 2 days. Cold. I havea cold. My better half is getting very upset with each passed hour.
At the same time we are VERY suprissed with the level of service in restaurants in the hotel and food. can't even compare to what we had in August.

We requested another room - on the western part - to hide from constant wind. And as soon as we stepped in - our mood improved - it is WAAARRRM :)) !!!! All right. We decided to setup an offshore/test dive . All potential ( we already missed 2 days of diving due to my cold and weather ) problems with DP has been resolved without any problems :) by talking with main office . So we were happy here too.

Next 3 days were the best days since August :wink: . We had perfect diving ( sharks, giant eagle rays, octopuses, turtle so old, it probably saw Columbus ).

As for hotel - it is not 5stars , BUT they improved their service and food is muuuch better. As we like to go out home and loved to eat in local places - we went out just once.

Their Xmas party was bAAAAd - we eat and drink tooo much :> .
Yes, tips are helping, but i'm not ready to say that that was the only reason . I would rather say that overall quality of service improved.

We will stay there again.

We also spoke with guys who stayed in Plaza las Glorias. They told us that they didn't have hot water for the whole day and bath room is pretty stinky.
I'm just passing the info i've got.

That is pretty much it. With we satisfied with good service with Dive Paradise , suprised with Brisas and a happy that we were able to dive at least 3 out of 6 days in coldest month in a year.

P.S. Please let me know if i overlooked anything or/and put it in unclear manner.
Good night.

Thanks for the report. Good to hear about the improvement in food & service at the exBrisas (now Cozumel Hotel & Resort)--they had sunk pretty low for a while.

Happy holidays.

DocVikingo

DocVikingo:
Thanks for the report. Good to hear about the improvement in food & service at the exBrisas (now Cozumel Hotel & Resort)--they had sunk pretty low for a while.

Happy holidays.

DocVikingo
You too DocVikingo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom