Cozumel Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Cozumel Report. I spent a week diving with Paradise Divers out of the Costa Club on a great package deal from Bay Adventures.
This was the week of October 23-31. I enjoyed the Costa club and would recommend it to anyone. The meals were good and the beds (as usual) were hard. I had an unlimited diving package and managed 5 dives a day for three days on the small fast boats. Rough weather on two days cut me back to three dives on two days plus two night dives.

I cannot say enough good things about Paradise divers. On most days there were only 4 or 5 divers on the boats. The boats were usually on time and took us where we wanted to go. The reefs of Cozumel are in much better shape than those of the Caymans
with regard to the growth of macroalgae. I have close to 600 dives over 20 years in the Caymans and have sadly watched the encroachment of the algae so that about 75 to 80% of the reefs at Little Cayman are now covered.

I last dove Cozumel in 1985 and wanted to see how the reefs there had fared. I was pleasantly surprized to see that the inroads of macroalgae at Coz cover far less of the total reef structure than at Little Cayman.

Shiela and "Apple" of Paradise Divers saw to it that I got on fast boats every day. If you dive with Paradise make sure you tell them exactly what you want and do it at least a day ahead of time. I found their dive shop/pier across the street (via Tunnel) very convenient as well as the lockers at the shop that are available to lock up you gear. Large fresh water rinse tanks are conveniently placed as is a fresh water shower adjacent to the pickup pier.

Compared to Little Cayman Coz is a bargain. I plan on going back again and I will stay at the same resort and dive with the same dive service.

Finally, Bay Adventures got me a very good deal on airfare, about
half that which was advertised on the net.

The Professor:D

Back
Top Bottom