Cozumel diving today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The little hawksbill turtle with the stump has been on tuniche for about 5 years now. I have photos of him when he was about 18 inches long. We named him Terry, after a one legged marathon runner who tried to run across Canada... Terry Fox.
Thanks. Good to know he has a name.

Reactions: JFS
@ColoDale So the "odd couple" is still together on Cedral under that ledge. Good to see as the past few years on our passes one, the other or both were absent. Perhaps they are quarantining together now? :wink: That is one strange relationship between a Nurse Shark and a Green Moray... Humanity take note.

Surface intervals on the boat seem inconsistent with social distancing. It's about the only time you're sitting in close proximity without strong wind except for a few minutes getting gear on and off.

so thankful to you for sharing your dives. The pictures lift my spirit and heart so much. Enjoy your remaining dives and delicious meal at Guidos. Good to know they survived

Surface intervals on the boat seem inconsistent with social distancing. It's about the only time you're sitting in close proximity without strong wind except for a few minutes getting gear on and off.
We can maintain distancing on the SI since there are only two divers plus Raul (DM/owner) and captain. When diving the divers are staggered on each side, captain in front and Raul in the back. We go then Raul goes over (back rolls by the way). We get back in the boat at intervals so we can situate. The problem with two divers is Raul doesn't make much money but since we know him we will be tipping more than usual. We tried to use some piers but they were closed. Not many boats out so a pier for SI would allow much more space but that is not under our control.

I've been on boats that just pulled up to a vacant beach and we climbed over the side into 2' of water.

The little hawksbill turtle with the stump has been on tuniche for about 5 years now. I have photos of him when he was about 18 inches long. We named him Terry, after a one legged marathon runner who tried to run across Canada... Terry Fox.

I remember Terry Fox. He was only 22yrs old when he died. Sad.

@ColoDale So the "odd couple" is still together on Cedral under that ledge. Good to see as the past few years on our passes one, the other or both were absent. Perhaps they are quarantining together now? :wink: That is one strange relationship between a Nurse Shark and a Green Moray... Humanity take note.
The first time I saw them I thought it was coincidence.

Dove Colombia and Santa Rosa today. No complaints.

The first time I saw them I thought it was coincidence.

Nope.. The "Odd Couple" has been there for many years under that ledge. Perhaps some here can comment on when they were first discovered together and just how long they have been living together. It has to be at least 5 years and maybe longer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom