Cozumel dive shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone with a c-card is supposed to know how to watch their depth and time and stay out of deco. No diver should ever be putting their life in someone else's hands.
I agree. Diving with a large group can be riskier in general just because the more divers there are the harder it is to keep track of everyone, but it is incumbent on every diver to watch out for his/her own safety. That is what getting certified is all about.

Diving deep on a second dive after getting a significant N2 loading from the first is dangerous; he should have stayed shallow or called the dive when he saw the way things were going. My wife I have had to do that, and on one occasion when we stayed shallow while the rest went deep the other divers' computers showed skipped deco stops. Not good.

Is his wife OK?

DO NOT dive with the house op at Secrets. It is a crap op in my opinion and my last trip in Dec hanging out at the little pool at the in-town Casa Mexicana we ran into a guy and his wife (on their honeymoon) who had to leave Secrets and relocate to in-town accommodations because he was an inexperienced ((yet certified) diver. Things got screwed up for him on those cattle boats at Secrets UW and he ended up in a another group doing a 2nd deep dive that was supposed to be a 2nd shallow for his group.. He spent 6 days taking chamber rides to the tune of $30K he put on his credit cards. If you're experienced and own your own gear and dive computer and know how to read it, not a prob. If not, and you place your life in the hands of Secret's house dive op and that mess it is operating, these things happen. No one wants to talk about it, no dive op on Coz wants to admit it but the chambers on the island are always in use treating DCS. I personally dive with Tres Pelicanos these days and they may pick up at Secrets unless Secrets has shut its pier off to outside dive ops to pick up. Dive With Martin is another great op that may be able to pick you up at the Secrets pier.
Are you saying Dive Palancar or Dive House is crap?

Back
Top Bottom