Cozumel dive shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Happyrock

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Heading to Cozumel in March and staying at Secrets. Any recommendations for a quality dive shop that can pick me up or I can take a cab? Thanks!

Here are 4 good shops.

I use/like Dive Palancar. They are on site at Secrets near the pier (where you get snorkle gear, etc.). They pick up at Secrets pier at 8:30am.

Try the info in the thread:

post #125 or the link below:

Dive ops by jonhall

DO NOT dive with the house op at Secrets. It is a crap op in my opinion and my last trip in Dec hanging out at the little pool at the in-town Casa Mexicana we ran into a guy and his wife (on their honeymoon) who had to leave Secrets and relocate to in-town accommodations because he was an inexperienced ((yet certified) diver. Things got screwed up for him on those cattle boats at Secrets UW and he ended up in a another group doing a 2nd deep dive that was supposed to be a 2nd shallow for his group.. He spent 6 days taking chamber rides to the tune of $30K he put on his credit cards. If you're experienced and own your own gear and dive computer and know how to read it, not a prob. If not, and you place your life in the hands of Secret's house dive op and that mess it is operating, these things happen. No one wants to talk about it, no dive op on Coz wants to admit it but the chambers on the island are always in use treating DCS. I personally dive with Tres Pelicanos these days and they may pick up at Secrets unless Secrets has shut its pier off to outside dive ops to pick up. Dive With Martin is another great op that may be able to pick you up at the Secrets pier.

He spent 6 days taking chamber rides to the tune of $30K he put on his credit cards.
Which can happen even with conservative diving. DAN Dive Insurance is essential. Get it if you don't have it.

Strongly recommend looking at @jonhall post above. I personally use Pelagic Ventures, but there are at least 20 very solid operations on the island. Secrets charges their guests to use the pier as I recall , but unless you are with a large group it is still cheaper (and definitely easier ) than taking a cab.

In addition to the ones listed in @Ontwreckdiver post a partial list of other board favorites include Salty Endeavors, Aldora Divers, Tres Pelicanos, Ambient Divers (affiliated with scubaboard member ChuckP ), BlueH20Cozumel (affiliated with scubaboard member JFS). The members who own/work with shops are reluctant to toot their own horn so I am tried to list the ones that came to mind. Seems like I am forgetting at least one

Strongly recommend looking at @jonhall post above. I personally use Pelagic Ventures, but there are at least 20 very solid operations on the island. Secrets charges their guests to use the pier as I recall , but unless you are with a large group it is still cheaper (and definitely easier ) than taking a cab.

In addition to the ones listed in @Ontwreckdiver post a partial list of other board favorites include Salty Endeavors, Aldora Divers, Tres Pelicanos, Ambient Divers (affiliated with scubaboard member ChuckP ), BlueH20Cozumel (affiliated with scubaboard member JFS). The members who own/work with shops are reluctant to toot their own horn so I am tried to list the ones that came to mind. Seems like I am forgetting at least one
Gato's Reef is a solid op started by some ex-Aldora guys

DO NOT dive with the house op at Secrets. It is a crap op in my opinion and my last trip in Dec hanging out at the little pool at the in-town Casa Mexicana we ran into a guy and his wife (on their honeymoon) who had to leave Secrets and relocate to in-town accommodations because he was an inexperienced ((yet certified) diver. Things got screwed up for him on those cattle boats at Secrets UW and he ended up in a another group doing a 2nd deep dive that was supposed to be a 2nd shallow for his group.. He spent 6 days taking chamber rides to the tune of $30K he put on his credit cards. If you're experienced and own your own gear and dive computer and know how to read it, not a prob. If not, and you place your life in the hands of Secret's house dive op and that mess it is operating, these things happen. No one wants to talk about it, no dive op on Coz wants to admit it but the chambers on the island are always in use treating DCS. I personally dive with Tres Pelicanos these days and they may pick up at Secrets unless Secrets has shut its pier off to outside dive ops to pick up. Dive With Martin is another great op that may be able to pick you up at the Secrets pier.

Anyone with a c-card is supposed to know how to watch their depth and time and stay out of deco. No diver should ever be putting their life in someone else's hands.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom