Cozumel Dive Report Dec 29, 2001

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I should warn you that most dive shops will not promise a specific dive site. Though the Palancar Reefs are beautiful, I think all of the reefs here have their own beauty and appeal. In fact, one of my favorite dives is probably to do Paradise Reef from shore. Then I can take my time, examine all the little nooks and crannys in the coral...

Generally, the procedures of the dive shops is to wait until that morning, when everyone is on the boat... then they discuss skill levels of the various divers on the boat and they look at the weather, the current and visibility in order to decide where to go.

From Playa del Carmen, you can walk downtown in the main square. There are a few dive shops in the main square that are affiliated with dive shops in Cozumel. They can help you set up dives in Cozumel.

Achu

Thanks. I will check out the area you mentioned. I have looked at the Tank Ha Dive Center on the internet. They appeal to me. I can't wait to get down there in Feb. We have been to Cancun and Cozumel in the past. I am looking forward to the Playa area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom