Cozumel Cruise Dive - Thanks to Christi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PapaBob

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
My wife and I just returned from a 7 day cruise on the Carribean Princess, and had a chance to do some diving in Cozumel on 8/18. I had tried to book with Christi several weeks ago, but she did not have a place. Fortunately, she was kind enough to refer a former divemaster of hers, Raul, with bottomtime divers. Christi, a big thank you for the kind referral as Raul provided a great dive experience. We waived at your boat passing by, and we hope to dive with your operation some day.

I was pleased that Cozumel seems to have bounced back nicely after the Hurricane. I remember diving South Florida after Andrew in 92, and it took months for our local reefs to shed the silt. Although it looked like Palancar has some residual to shrug off, it appeared to be well on the road to recovery. Maybe not "perfect Cozumel" but our dives were extremely enjoyable and there was a lot to see.

Raul took us to the Palancar caves. I dont remember this site from my prior trips and it is indeed memorable. You get to experience the wall, coral caves and mounds, and a lot of turf since the current was a pleasant blow to the north (I guesstimated about 2+ miles in a 60 min dive). Lynne wanted to see horsefish which Raul was able to locate on the second dive, with other interesting critters.

The boat was a small island 6 pack with three total divers booked. Bud, it was a pleasure diving with you and I hope our paths cross again. Crystal, not to rub it in but you missed some great diving (I know, forced family fun; but I promise we kept Bud out of trouble). With three on the boat the service and timetable was very personalized.

Christi, you get full credit for this one. Thanks again.

---Bob

Hello Bob & Lynne!

Yes--that was a super day of diving and as a novice, it's days like that that are hooking me more and more into this great sport. I told Crystal how nice it was to meet you and I will look forward to reading about your dives when you are in Cozumel in October!

Take care.

Hi Bud:

First of all, welcome to the board. Thanks for the Private Message and the kind words. If you and Crystal ever travel to South Florida, please look us up.

---Bob

It is so nice to see dive operators cooperate with each other. I met Christi when Raul started working for her a couple years ago. He had been working for another operator for 12 years when he swithched to Christi at bluextsea. Like alot of people you stay with someone you know and trust so I followed him. He now owns his own boat www.bottomtimedivers.net and has incorperated many of Christi's service into his operation. The are both CLASS people and run the diving operations so you don't have to worry about anything but having a great dive experiance
Lou

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom