Question Cozumel Atmosphere

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I just got back from Coz and stayed at the Palace for the umpteenth time. Their restaurants are really very good these days ... a huge improvement over what they used to be with that French chef. My wife likes the pool, I like the dives. The service is impeccable. Mariano, at Aqua Safari is a very good DM and I have a lot of fun there. Very comfortable atmosphere if you're looking for an AI I don't think you can go wrong there.

I'm looking at the Presidente as an option for my wife and I with our two sons, but they don't seem to have an AI option. Looking at Costco travel, only breakfast is included and it looks that way on Expedia as well. I'm really wanting AI so we don't get nickel and dimed to death feeding 4 people and buying drinks for the wife and myself for 14 days. Does the Presidente really not have an AI option??
We stayed at the Presidente several times a year for years. After the first couple of times, we rented a car and never ate at the hotel again because there are so many amazing places to explore in town. If breakfast is included in your rate, theirs is very good. Eating in town became addictive, and there is no way I'd ever consider AI.

After they boosted their prices and we planned a trip with family that would've necessitated getting several rooms, we rented a house. After doing that for a bit, we bought a house. I think we're saving compared to staying at the Presidente every couple of months but that stopped being the point years ago.

Staying at the Presidente gave us an introduction to Cozumel that ultimately led to our becoming permanent residents. Just, please, head into town and explore the innumerable wonderful places to eat after you dive.

Back
Top Bottom