Cozie in November..type of suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ladybugs

Reaction score
I am diving in late November in Cozumel.....I am very cold natured..which suit is best...a full 3mm or a 5mm...... I have heard that you can do a full 3mm then wear a 3mm shortie over it.......Is it really that cold that time of the year? I wear a shortie there May thru August and am a little cold..... Plus what brand? I am looking at the Henderson Hyperstrech cause the addys make it look easy to get on since it stretches so much?

ladybugs:
I am diving in late November in Cozumel.....I am very cold natured..which suit is best...a full 3mm or a 5mm...... I have heard that you can do a full 3mm then wear a 3mm shortie over it.......Is it really that cold that time of the year? I wear a shortie there May thru August and am a little cold..... Plus what brand? I am looking at the Henderson Hyperstrech cause the addys make it look easy to get on since it stretches so much?

Water temp that time of year is still 78-80 (though I have hit a cool spot from time to time with 75 degree temps). You say that you are very cold natured, so think about going with the 5m if you want. I dive a 4/3 yearound in the Carribean and have never "overheated" -even in 84 degree water. Other options would be to use a hood or beanie, or vest or hooded vest over the 3m. I dive wet to 45 degrees (7mm) and tolerate the cold fine. However, I still dress warm for 80 degree water (4/3) as
1. Improved air consumption when you are not cold = longer dive
2. You do not tire as easily if you stay warm.

The Neosport (by Henderson) 4/3 is a very good deal at less than $100.

Back
Top Bottom