COZ Trip Report (long)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can I ask dnhill what the water temp is. Having a hard time finding a shorty to fit and I'm wondering if a skin is enough. Plan to do about 13 dives in 4 days in late April.

NDH:
Can I ask dnhill what the water temp is. Having a hard time finding a shorty to fit and I'm wondering if a skin is enough. Plan to do about 13 dives in 4 days in late April.
I was down last week at the water was 75° to 79°. By the end of April it has been around 82° the last two years. BUT--expect to get rained on before, between and/or after dives.
Last April I wrote-"Wish I had a wetsuit, Glad I had a jacket!" and I usually don't write anything. I started the week doing 4 dives a day but fell back to 2 after the third day.

Regardless of when the Captain tells you to roll, YOU are supposed to look behind you first before rolling in.

Most of my dives were about 79 degrees. I used a 3 mil and never got cold. There were some on the boat that had 7 mils and complained about getting cold at the end of the dives. My log book for dives in april have temps a few degrees warmer. After the middle of April I use a 1 mil full suit. By the way, the thimble jellies had already started to appear. One person on the boat had a few spots on her head and neck from them.

dnhill

Well that sound pretty warm. I hate over packing but knowing my size and that they won't have anything to fit me I'll go ahead and pack my 3mil and a skin. On the case for my wife she is thin skined and would like to know if she needs a full 3mil at night. This will be our first full diving trip and our first night dives. Going to scuba club April 25th to the 30th.

melissalv29:
can i ask why you havent dove with Living Underwater again? just curious.

I thought I'd address this question: If I'm not mistaken (and I may be, so someone correct me if you know otherwise) but last I heard, Living Underwater had gone under, ie. out of business. Oracio is apparently no longer on the island, his US investor has pulled out and the boat is/was up for sale.

Like I said, if someone has heard news to the contrary, please feel free to correct me, but that's just what I heard when I was there in Feb.

I saw Jeremy on the trip and he stated that the boat problems wwereover and he has the boat when he wants it. He also said he is taking care of the reservation part of the business as well. He was at one of the beach clubs during the surface interval with the boat, so it looks like he is there and doing his best to keep the business going.

dnhill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom