Coz restaurants not open in October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rwhiting

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just a quick note to everyone whose preference is dining in San Miguel instead of at their hotels.

I just got back from 5 days in Coz, and the following restaurants were closed for one reason or another:
El Moro - On vacation for the month
Santiago's Grille - Closed for the month of October
El Toriz and La Cocay - closed both the Sunday and Monday I was there - not sure if it was for the of season or just the "weekend"

Drag........Last time we were in Coz in late Sept. El Morro was on Vaca as well. We were really ready for Zaccarias Special.

There are quite a few restaurants that are either closing for a period of time or changing their hours because Coz is right in the middle of low season. The island is SLOW right now and there are a lot of people struggling just to make ends meet right now. Things won't pick up again until the week of Thanksgiving, so if anyone is going in October, please give the local restaurants and shops your business and spend till it hurts! :)

cxg31s once bubbled...
There are quite a few restaurants that are either closing for a period of time or changing their hours because Coz is right in the middle of low season. The island is SLOW right now and there are a lot of people struggling just to make ends meet right now. Things won't pick up again until the week of Thanksgiving, so if anyone is going in October, please give the local restaurants and shops your business and spend till it hurts! :)

You mean spend more than the usual amount they are always trying to screw you out of? Ive traveled all over the world and mexico is the ONLY place ive ever been to that use's every shady practice available to squeeze every last dollar out of you. And its just not me, the majority of my friends travel to mexico frequently and say the same thing. Maybe its slow there because americans are getting smarter and vacationing somewhere else.

gbrandon once bubbled...

You mean spend more than the usual amount they are always trying to screw you out of? Ive traveled all over the world and mexico is the ONLY place ive ever been to that use's every shady practice available to squeeze every last dollar out of you. And its just not me, the majority of my friends travel to mexico frequently and say the same thing. Maybe its slow there because americans are getting smarter and vacationing somewhere else.

and yet you sign off with "If I die with any money at all still in my bank account I know I miscalculated."

Kind of a hypocritical thing to say isn't it?

USMC Diver once bubbled...

and yet you sign off with "If I die with any money at all still in my bank account I know I miscalculated."

Kind of a hypocritical thing to say isn't it?

But Carlos & Charlies was open right??? That's the important thing.

CincyBengalsFan once bubbled...

But Carlos & Charlies was open right??? That's the important thing.

You mean that ironically, doncha? CnC's is not a place I recommend to anybody going to Cozumel. Not any more, anyway.

Poncho's Backyard..is one of my favorites. They stay open ..or at least they did last October.

BTW, El Moro is normally closed on Thursdays. Sometimes the cab drivers will not seem to know this, though my cynicism suggests otherwise... ;^)

ggunn once bubbled...

You mean that ironically, doncha? CnC's is not a place I recommend to anybody going to Cozumel. Not any more, anyway.

I hope your kidding. I loved that place. It's been 8 yrs. since I've been there though. What's happened? I mean, that's where Gary Hart got caught with the chicky. What's not to like?

Back
Top Bottom