Coz Diver Death ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tham55

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Looking for information on the death of a young lady last week in Coz., she was from Little Rock, Ar. she was on vaccation with her husband, I do not know the details.
Thanks
Tom

No sign of it here. Was it a dive accident?

Looking for information on the death of a young lady last week in Coz., she was from Little Rock, Ar. she was on vaccation with her husband, I do not know the details.
Thanks
Tom

How did you hear about it? No one has been able to find any info on it.

I happen to know the young lady name, she leaves a husband and two young childrens. Details here have been hard to come by, and I was looking for answers for her family and friends
Tom

A google search with her name within quotation marks would probly find whatever is available. Haven't seen any reports here, and such news is kinda hushed in tourist locations - bad for business. Sorry for the loss of your friend.

I do have some information in regards to the accident but it is third hand and more details have been coming to me. I don't want to put up any information that is not accurate. The accident was very tragic.

Dan

Last edited:
I happen to know the young lady name, she leaves a husband and two young childrens. Details here have been hard to come by, and I was looking for answers for her family and friends
Tom

Well, you certainly came to the right place for finding info. These guys are good.

Has there been any more credible, factual information in this terrible incident? If so, please post.

Well, you certainly came to the right place for finding info. These guys are good.
Has there been any more credible, factual information in this terrible incident? If so, please post.
It's really not likely we will. The local powers there do a lot to prevent news of such from getting back to the states - bad for business, so unless a diver or friend posts what's seemingly known, or a US or other news source gets the story from returning divers and posts it, we don't get it.

Beyond the sad tragedy of a lost diver, we don't have much opportunity to learn from the misfortunes of others. And many divers will affirm that while Cozumel is generally a great destination even for newbies - many operators will take anyone on a deep dive, thru swim thrus of coral and the wreck, maybe even thru Devils Throat - practices which I often cannot support. It's almost all live boat diving, down currents are not uncommon, and so many divers mix party & dehydrated diving excessively.

Accidents do happen, and they certainly happen there. Injuries are transported to the nearest dock, often a southern resort and the ambulances seem to be very close and ready - but the care level is debatable. On my last trip, my dive bud for first two dives was a former instructor returning to diving after years dry - and did great on some easy dives, but she went out again with some others in the group for a third easy dive while I crashed for a siesta, came back to the hotel, ordered a drink, passed-out, woke up days later in Miami ICU. She's okay now, but it was hairy - and the group leader does not want the story out, don't know what the diver wants, but then the best DAN docs and local neurosurgeons never did find what the cause was.

So learning is impeded...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom