Covid's impact on your diving ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also spend much of my spare time watching and reading everything related to diving. And when I am not diving, I study. I have completed courses on the Science of diving (mainly physics, biology and equations), React right (First aid, CPR,...) and Equipment techniques over the last weeks. I am pretty sure that it will make me a better diver understanding all the theory behind it. But of course, nothing replaces practise so I hope that the lockdown in Spain will stop soon so that you can return to the sea.

I am done diving this year with 45 logged in. Could be more, could be better, but it's OK. Let's see what 2021 will bring...

Advisories in California counties are discouraging non-essential travel again.

Respecting the current situation, I probably wont be diving for the time being, until things clear up (I generally dont dive from mid-January thru February anyways bc Im a wetsuit diver, so really just losing Dec & early Jan).

So I didnt get to dive at all this year thru June, then fifteen local shore dives from July thru November. (as mentioned before, more dives than I usually do, as many of my other interests are impossible during COVID)

I will really appreciate it when I can dive again (I speculate around Spring) and will really appreciate warm water when I can travel again.

I will really appreciate it when I can dive again (I speculate around Spring) and will really appreciate warm water when I can travel again.
I truly miss winter viz. Spring plainly sucks, viz-vise. Less than 2m is really no fun.

Covid cost me a 104 day surface interval ... the longest (by far) I have stayed out of the water since learning how to dive. Down here it's all boat diving, and both the marina and the national park we dive in were closed for more than three months.

But the good news is that the closure allowed a major marine life recovery. Folks are saying this is the best they've seen the park in over a decade.

These fellows were literally jumping for joy to see us ...

130822171_1728920237288327_3161278726901959063_o.jpg

... and this young lady was so excited when we were finally allowed back in the water she literally swam over to the boat as we exited the marina ...

131120278_1728915193955498_3937392048173737574_o.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Increased my diving a ton. I was also provided the opportunity to move back to FL from OH and am working remotely full time. It did cancel a Bahamas Liveaboard trip I had planned though which was a bummer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom