Covid19 and liveaboard cancellations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I heard from my source that Aggressor is only offering vouchers for trips they decide to cancel. Every other situation is handled per their existing cancellation policy.

Anybody hear anything from Aggressor yet? I've got about 5 days to make the 60% refund window or take my chances that things get back to normal (ok, normal enough for me to go) by June.

I finally heard from them again today. Better news this time. They had no choice but to cancel my trip on the Kona aggressor due to the fact that the Governor or Hawaii basically just closed down Hawaii, but putting in a mandatory 2 week quarantine for anyone flying in and taking away boat operator licences so no tourist type boats can go to sea.

They gave me a voucher good for 1 year.

We have booked Cuba in June with the Aggressor and so far, plan to go unless air travel in cancelled or the country is closed...only time will tell.

I bet we’ll still have lockdown by April 11. Blueotwo shutdown their fleet (Master, Siren, etc.) up to June. I have been notified by them to reschedule my trip on French Polynesia Master in May to later date at no additional cost.

I was supposed to go on a Carpe Diem LOB in March and it got cancelled and they very simply rescheduled me for another trip in January (I chose January). No problem either with Bandos Resort who rebooked my stay to work with my new itinerary.

Also, big THANKS to my travel agent, Mike, at Reef and Rainforest who got all this done. He was proactive and got everything done with little effort on my part except to say the new dates would work for me. That was all I had to do. All this while I bet he had travelers stuck outside the US trying to get home and many other customer to help with urgent problems.

Booked the MS Royal Evolution May 28 trip through Dive The World. By March 20 it was clear to me the whole world is going into lockdown and travel between countries is tricky if even possible. Don't want to pay the balance and risk not able to go at the last minute, I request either cancellation or reschedule through Dive The World. Of course it is up to the operator but Dive The World was acting as the go-in-between. It took a few e-mails of convincing, at the end they agree to a reschedule to another date (2021).

From All Star Liveaboards

I am scheduled on the Aqua Cat for June 13-20.

Update as of April 28, 2020

Bahamas – The Bahamas has implemented Emergency Powers which have resulted in the cancellation of trips through May 30th.
Due to recent updates from both the U.S. State Department and the Bahamian Government; guests booked on a trip departing from now through June 6th can choose to keep their reservation or rebook on a future trip. This is a full rebook credit and does not have any restrictions or expiration date.

British Virgin Islands – As of April 28, 2020, the Governor of the British Virgin Islands has instituted a tourist travel ban for the next 5 months. If you have a trip booked aboard the Cuan Law between now and Sep 15, 2020 please contact us and we will help reschedule your trip for a date in the future.
Philippines – Due to current travel restrictions, Tubbataha trips departing through May 28th have been cancelled. Guests who have been affected by the current travel restrictions will be entitled to a full rebook credit
If your trip is departing after May 28th you may contact us for additional information. For additional information you may contact us at philippines@allstarliveaoards.com
Indonesia – Visitors who have travelled to Iran, Italy, Vatican, Spain, France, Germany, Switzerland and United Kingdom within the last 14 days will be denied entry or transit to Indonesia.

As of April 24, 2020 the Indonesian government has implemented a temporary ban on road, air and sea travel. The ban on air travel will be through June 1st and sea travel is currently banned through June 8th. Those guests affected by these travel bans will be entitled to a full rebook credit based on the value of their trip.

Just spoke to Barbara and Kevin at Allstar Liveaboards and while they have not cancelled the trip, they are offering a full future rebooking credit if customers want that option for this trip.

As of today, the Bahama's are set to reopen May 31
Health Alert - U.S. Embassy Nassau, The Bahamas | U.S. Embassy in The Bahamas

But it looks like the major airlines are cancelling flights through June, and Atlantis and Baha Mar are both closed through June.

BIG shout-out to Allstar for their kindness, flexibility and response to this situation.

Back
Top Bottom