Covid testing in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And now there is the Southern California variant.

@ChuckP, have you seen a big decrease in number of people on island since the new testing requirement was begun? If I'm reading Carlos Joaquín's FB posts correctly, it still looks like the Cozumel covid numbers are low. Curious how things are going.

Have any of these variants shown to render the new vaccinnes ineffective? Have any shown that they infect those recovered from a previous variant?

@ChuckP, have you seen a big decrease in number of people on island since the new testing requirement was begun? If I'm reading Carlos Joaquín's FB posts correctly, it still looks like the Cozumel covid numbers are low. Curious how things are going.

I don't remember when you left last but it was nice and busy over the new years. Very much slower today than then but it usually is slow this time every year.

Cancels - I've heard a lot of people saying groups were cancelling, any dive shop I've spoke with is complaining of cancels - I think the hopes for a reasonable spring are getting flushed down the toilet.

Active cases here - there was a big increase over the holidays. Hospital in Cancun went up to 30%, here only up to 8% - yes more active cases but I think that relates to a lot more testing really. The death rate has dropped a full percentage point, which just shows me way more testing. And now with all this testing before leaving, that has to be almost 10x what we were testing before....

Actually that's the Danish Variant. Let's give them credit when credit is due. :p
All of this indicates the pressing need for a more general approach to fighting viruses. Otherwise, nature will continue to make end runs around vaccines targeting specific strains. I am not a virologist; I don't know how high that bar is but I'll bet it is pretty high.

All of this indicates the pressing need for a more general approach to fighting viruses. Otherwise, nature will continue to make end runs around vaccines targeting specific strains. I am not a virologist; I don't know how high that bar is but I'll bet it is pretty high.

There's no chance I'll find it now but I recall a few years ago reading about some new research that the scientists hoped would offer protection against all viruses. As I recall, it didn't go after the virus itself but affected your own cells/myochondria that made them resistant to being hijacked.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom