Covid testing in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reading that, I don't think they are doing it because it will actually stop the spread, it sounds more like punishment. "Oh you want to travel and were willing to tolerate a two week quarantine, lets just make it worse and worse until you stay in the Maple prison until I SAY you are free to go."

This measure is intended as a deterrent to non-essential travel. But yes, some will see this as punishment. Our Prime Minister has been warning of additional travel restrictions for a couple of weeks so anyone ignoring this has now come face to face with a harsh reality check.

I would venture to state that the vast majority of Canadians who have been doing their level best to keep themselves and their communities safe will not have much sympathy for those who have been defying the travel advisories that have been in place for almost a year.

I wonder when the maple scented wind would blow southwards and grounded us home too? You know, monkey see, monkey do, kind of thing.

My worry is that we see more variants entering the equation. At that point, well...

This measure is intended as a deterrent to non-essential travel. But yes, some will see this as punishment. Our Prime Minister has been warning of additional travel restrictions for a couple of weeks so anyone ignoring this has now come face to face with a harsh reality check.
It's also coming in just before the peak of snowbird season. I would think it would be easier for Canadians to stay home once the weather gets warmer. I'd love to go visit you guys in August when it's 100+ F every day here.

I wonder when the maple scented wind would blow southwards and grounded us home too? You know, monkey see, monkey do, kind of thing.
With the increase in variant Covid-19, particularly the South African variant, it would be a good time for the US to tighten travel restrictions. I don't see the US going to the Canadian level, but that might not be a bad idea.

That ship has sailed.

You're right. And unfortunately, there may be more ships where those came from (overseas).

The South African variant got here disgustingly fast; 2 people in South Carolina who weren't involved with each other and hadn't traveled, which means they got it from other people, and who knows how many people it networked through to make that happen? So, it's here. The U.K. variant has already shown up in multiple states. I don't even recall off the top of my head what the Brazil variant is doing.

You're right. And unfortunately, there may be more ships where those came from (overseas).

The South African variant got here disgustingly fast; 2 people in South Carolina who weren't involved with each other and hadn't traveled, which means they got it from other people, and who knows how many people it networked through to make that happen? So, it's here. The U.S. variant has already shown up in multiple states. I don't even recall off the top of my head what the Brazil variant is doing.

UK variant...

Thank you for spotting the typo.! And while skimming another of those e-mails that pack into my inbox, From Medscape today,
Fauci Sees 'Wake-Up Call' in Emergence of New Virus Variants: "On January 26, the first confirmed US case of a highly transmissible Brazilian coronavirus variant was detected in Minnesota, state health officials said."

So it's here, too. And the article said the 2 South African variant cases in South Carolina "...were reported in different parts of the state, and not believed to be epidemiologically linked, she said. The people involved "did not have any travel history," she added...."

The cost of transportation, food, risk to employees, etc etc.
  • CAD 2,000+ for up to 3 nights??? Man I hope those are luxury suites with food and bar included. Somehow I doubt it, although maybe meals are in there. Wow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom