Covid testing in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not in Miami a week ago. On the flip side, self-service passport control kiosks are no longer available to the unwashed.

The way it should be. I pay for Global Entry. The experience should make me feel special. I want to see the unwashed standing in line....

Speaking of special, CLEAR is awesome. They literally stick you in front of the regular 'semi-washed' people in the pre-check line. I love giving them the 'Hollywood, I am special, you plebian gutter snipe' look.

1641852603727.png

Doubt it. Marine park office is closed today and tomorrow for 2 positive with COVID. My old neighbor and his wife are positive with COVID. I think there is a lot of COVID running around the island right now.

I pray the gov's report of high vaccination rates on the island is true!

Well in Houston Hobby (also know as the Awesome Houston Airport) The first guy, doing immigration asked the Customs questions too, but after you get by him there is no one else from baggage claim out. IDK?
That's the way it was at the Hobby Airport when I came through there on the way back from Cozumel last May. As to the awesomeness of Hobby, one thing I missed going through it as opposed to IAH was the great Pappadeaux in IAH. There is a Pappadeaux in Hobby, but it's more like a food court than a restaurant.

US customs part has been different. We do global entry but it looks like there is no one manning the old customs part after baggage claim?

There used to be x-ray scanners and a red/green light and agents taking the form and asking questions. Just like in CZM. They pulled all that out about 4 or 5 years ago. Sometimes there are a couple of bored agents standing near the exit talking to each other and ignoring the passengers. Sometimes there is no one.

That's the way it was at the Hobby Airport when I came through there on the way back from Cozumel last May. As to the awesomeness of Hobby, one thing I missed going through it as opposed to IAH was the great Pappadeaux in IAH. There is a Pappadeaux in Hobby, but it's more like a food court than a restaurant.
This isnt good enough? We got delay like 4 hours this summer and I racked up a HUGE margarita bill....

1641860115087.png

Or it might have been this one. the memory is fuzzy.... I know we ate at the seafood one once. I liked it but the wife isnt 'seafoody'. I think the cantina had that good warm chip dip stuff.

1641860193387.png

We are probably being checked closer than ever - it's just not visible to us.
Yea exactly. I am sure they are just xraying in Cancun BEFORE the bags come out. I had 2 117 steel tanks in bagsand they were 20 minutes later than EVERYONE else on our flight. Those and another guy who said his bag was full of tools.

This isnt good enough? We got delay like 4 hours this summer and I racked up a HUGE margarita bill....

View attachment 699947
That's the one, but in IAH the Pappadeaux is up above the concourse and you'd never know it was in an airport. It has a more extensive menu and a better wine list, and I never get the impression that they want me to eat and clear out for the next customers. A downside (?) is that you can't hear the concourse PA system.

That's the one, but in IAH the Pappadeaux is up above the concourse and you'd never know it was in an airport. It has a more extensive menu and a better wine list, and I never get the impression that they want me to eat and clear out for the next customers. A downside (?) is that you can't hear the concourse PA system.

Yea there wasnt a whole lot on the seafood place menu. The Mexican place was pretty darn good though!

Yea there wasnt a whole lot on the seafood place menu. The Mexican place was pretty darn good though!

For me the whole Pappas chain is pretty meh to me. And somehow they got almost every place in Hobby. Bush has so many more options, as long as you leave the international terminal.

For me the whole Pappas chain is pretty meh to me. And somehow they got almost every place in Hobby. Bush has so many more options, as long as you leave the international terminal.
I like the Pappadeaux in IAH terminal E because it isn't on the concourse but on an isolated second floor above it. It is an oasis of peace amidst the chaos of the concourse. In addition to a fairly extensive menu and wine list they also have metal flatware, glass drink vessels, and cloth linens instead of the disposable stuff that the food court eateries on the concourse provide.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom