Covid testing in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do not know in your country, but falsifying a medical report is a quite severe crime here. You risk to be jailed for years, if caught...
Do you really risk serving some years in jail just for saving the few bucks the real test is costing?

Well I am for sure not going to try making a fake report. However, I wouldn't be surprised if someone finds a loophole or tries to falsify medical records. just curious to see if the airlines actually have something in place to verify those records.

Well I am for sure not going to try making a fake report. However, I wouldn't be surprised if someone finds a loophole or tries to falsify medical records. just curious to see if the airlines actually have something in place to verify those records.

We went to Cozumel three times since August - and completed the QR code version of the medical questionnaire asking if we had covid symptoms. They advise you to take a screen shot to show it to someone. The other option was to fill out a piece of paper with the teeniest print, asking all the same questions. ONE time I was asked for the paper - which they hastily grabbed and not sure what they did with it because they certainly didn't take the time to look at it. The other two times I was not asked for my screenshot. It does make me wonder if the result printouts will be looked over very carefully for authenticity - and how many people will be working hard to scam the system (I certainly wouldn't take the chance, as Angelo pointed out, it would be stupid beyond measure - but you KNOW someone WILL!).

No they will not. And they are not required to keep track of the tests.

THIS IS NOT THE PUB!!!

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Posts about travel restrictions are allowed.
Political commentary is allowed only in the Pub.
Those who continue to post off topic will not be able to continue to post in this thread.

Here is the spin off discussion about where to find the Pub=> Solved: - Where is the Pub?

I've evidently lost the ability to tell what is 'on topic' and what is not, and keep having posts deleted. I'm ready to strap on my boxing gloves and see how many rounds I can make it in The Pub! How do I get there?

Non-Dive Related Stuff

We went to Cozumel three times since August - and completed the QR code version of the medical questionnaire asking if we had covid symptoms. They advise you to take a screen shot to show it to someone. The other option was to fill out a piece of paper with the teeniest print, asking all the same questions. ONE time I was asked for the paper - which they hastily grabbed and not sure what they did with it because they certainly didn't take the time to look at it. The other two times I was not asked for my screenshot. It does make me wonder if the result printouts will be looked over very carefully for authenticity - and how many people will be working hard to scam the system (I certainly wouldn't take the chance, as Angelo pointed out, it would be stupid beyond measure - but you KNOW someone WILL!).
I also used the form written and online on multiple occasions for both entry and exit (CZM and CUN) and although it varied over time the intent, in my impression, was always as a post event tracing record, not as an actual screening device. It appeared that at some point Mexico wanted some starting point to work from in the event that they began contact tracing. Last spring contract tracing was a popular idea to contain the spread of the virus but as the reality that it had exploded beyond containment, contract tracing pretty much fell by the wayside. Like most government mandates once in place they remain well beyond the point credibility. Last month in the international baggage claim in DFW I stared at the all the Bird Flu signs still in place from 2009 and figured there is probably a government contract working it's way through the mill to replace them with Covid signs, in 2023.

I have seen lists of resorts offering free or discounted stays if a guests tests positive for Covid. Does anybody know if there are any non all inclusive resorts following the same strategy? There are so many wonderful places to eat on the island, and I am not a big fan on the AI's.

I have seen lists of resorts offering free or discounted stays if a guests tests positive for Covid. Does anybody know if there are any non all inclusive resorts following the same strategy? There are so many wonderful places to eat on the island, and I am not a big fan on the AI's.
I doubt they'll allow you to mosey around town if your stuck on the island due to being positive?

AI? You’ll get food delivered to your prison cell um I mean room thrice daily. On the plus side you’ll probably learn enough Espanol from watching TV 16 hours a day for 10-14 days.

Back
Top Bottom