Covid surging in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can anyone confirm Bonaire’s definition for “fully vaccinated”

Can anyone confirm Bonaire’s definition for “fully vaccinated”
Also true for Moderna.
1642184926012.png

I ditched the idea of visiting Bonaire or Curacao in Feb due to the inconsistent and ambiguous testing requirements. One minute a PCR is required, next, the antigen test suffices. The midweek testing in addition to the 24 hour testing the US requires is also rigorous. Getting a PCR result prior to departure to the island was the deal breaker.
I kinda like that Bonaire changes the requirements frequently. Maybe they're trying to adapt as the situation changes, and maybe it's even partly a show, but to me, it looks like they're paying attention. Bonaire keeps their website up to date and otherwise does a great job communicating. If they're getting it wrong, at least it looks like they're trying.

Depending on how you dive there, this may be a selling point for Bonaire. If you just shore dive, alone or with a buddy you trust, you can greatly reduce exposure to other people vs. many destinations. No dive boat. One trip to Van den Tweel, maybe patronize some of the food trucks (outdoors, there's a wind). You could largely avoid indoor crowded exposures during the week. No dive boat trips with fellow passengers or guides required.
Yep, that's exactly my thinking in preferring Bonaire right now.

I have only very casually followed this thread as our trip to Bon isn't scheduled until late May and a lot will likely change between now and then. I am interested in hearing from those that are following Bon covid entry requirements on the latest announcement from yesterday regarding new entry requirements. Sounds like for US travelers, only an entry test before departure required. No on island testing with the US requirement of testing for the return.

No quarantine for unvaccinated travelers, entry with just an antigen test for the first time since reopening in June—looks like they’re watching the world accept Omicron being uncontrollable but quick, together with a raft of cancellations hurting the industry (good stuff on VRBO these days), and lettin‘ ‘er rip. (Lexvil, Plague Air may be an idea whose time has come, but for the antigen test to renter the U.S.)

I don wonder if they will accept the proctored lateral flow test for visitors.

Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom