Covid surging in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I felt this way briefly the day before I got here, was ready to pull the pin on the whole trip and just go to the keys. I'm glad I stuck through it and got here though, we've really had a lovely time so far.
Did that in June, pre delta but this one (O) is moving fast and the reactions 6 weeks from now just aren’t worth the risk of them going total lock down like last year. The airline moving our flight up 22 hours with a 24 hour layover (still waiting to hear if they will consider a refund) was the first domino to fall, reading the signs I’m just moving to scrap it rather than waiting for the whole show.

We had a trip planned to Bonaire in mid-February and just canceled the resort portion. This model from Univ Florida has been fairly accurate and shows the Omicron surge peaking at that time. Our flights are refundable, so I'm holding onto those for the time being in case a miracle happens.

Fairly easy return today....drama getting all the pre testing done. Honestly the testing worry was way worse - it seems you have so much riding on time periods that arent committed to by the testing agencies. We did a self administered antigen test from emed. The only drama was that the internet connection kept cutting in and out, but we all got them done. Reserve about 30 minutes to do each. Captain Don's has never had the best internet. We missed a morning boat dive but went and dove the hilma hooker and the lake after we got everything printed out. The only place our printout was checked was at the bonaire airport and they just really looked at the date. Coming through customs in atlanta we were never asked about it.

On a Delta flight today back from Bonaire....there were 25 people....Yikes. I have never seen a plane that empty from there and there was zero line in customs..

All in all I am glad my family went - will post a trip report.....random snorkle this morning before we packed we saw a free swimming octopus - I have seen a lot of octopus but I have never seen then swimming and changing colors as they go.

Attachments

• DSCI1997.JPG
    DSCI1997.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 26
Fairly easy return today....drama getting all the pre testing done. Honestly the testing worry was way worse - it seems you have so much riding on time periods that arent committed to by the testing agencies. We did a self administered antigen test from emed. The only drama was that the internet connection kept cutting in and out, but we all got them done. Reserve about 30 minutes to do each. Captain Don's has never had the best internet. We missed a morning boat dive but went and dove the hilma hooker and the lake after we got everything printed out. The only place our printout was checked was at the bonaire airport and they just really looked at the date. Coming through customs in atlanta we were never asked about it.

On a Delta flight today back from Bonaire....there were 25 people....Yikes. I have never seen a plane that empty from there and there was zero line in customs..

All in all I am glad my family went - will post a trip report.....random snorkle this morning before we packed we saw a free swimming octopus - I have seen a lot of octopus but I have never seen then swimming and changing colors as they go.

I had a free-swimming one off of front porch about a week ago too, rare and so cool to see them changing colors like that. Thank you for the update!

I’m heading to Bonaire in 3 weeks. So, I’d like to hear the latest situation on Covid-19 requirement to go there. Thanks!

I’m heading to Bonaire in 3 weeks. So, I’d like to hear the latest situation on Covid-19 requirement to go there. Thanks!
1640875096231.png

Thanks!
So, since USA is a high risk country and I’m fully vaccinated, I’d need to;
1. Get NAAT 48 hours before departure.
2. Fill out Health Declaration form between 12-24 hours before departure.
3. Self test upon arrival.
4. Get NAAT test on 5th day in Bonaire.

What kind of self test upon arrival (#3) is it, antigen?

We are returning from Bonaire today. I'll summarize some useful info in a day or two.
I’m leaving for Bonaire Saturday. I’m already bringing supplies for a friend stuck in quarantine at the Marriott there. Should you be unlucky at test time, let me know and I’ll add to the larder.

FYI, it sounds like a good idea to stock up on cash before you test. My friend said he’s able to order food in online, but has to pay in cash and is running low.

Thanks!
So, since USA is a high risk country and I’m fully vaccinated, I’d need to;
1. Get NAAT 48 hours before departure.
2. Fill out Health Declaration form between 12-24 hours before departure.
3. Self test upon arrival.
4. Get NAAT test on 5th day in Bonaire.

What kind of self test upon arrival (#3) is it, antigen?
Presumably. We arrived Dec 23 and they did not implement the arrival self-test-within-8h until Dec 27.

Back
Top Bottom