Covid surging in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are heading to Bonaire, Divi Flamingo in a few weeks.

Are restaurants open in the downtown area near Divi, for lunch and dinner?

The reason I ask is because I see some Covid related restrictions under Bonaire crisis.com website that are concerning, and not very clear.

In the link below is says that Restaurants and Cafes: Close at 12 PM.

So, in Bonaire, is "12 PM" considered midnight or noon?

https://www.bonairecrisis.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/270821-Maatregelen-ENG.png

This is under the heading "Measures"
Measures - Crisiswebsite van het Openbaar Lichaam Bonaire

Thanks

We are heading to Bonaire, Divi Flamingo in a few weeks.

Are restaurants open in the downtown area near Divi, for lunch and dinner?

The reason I ask is because I see some Covid related restrictions under Bonaire crisis.com website that are concerning, and not very clear.

In the link below is says that Restaurants and Cafes: Close at 12 PM.

So, in Bonaire, is "12 PM" considered midnight or noon?

https://www.bonairecrisis.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/270821-Maatregelen-ENG.png

This is under the heading "Measures"
Measures - Crisiswebsite van het Openbaar Lichaam Bonaire

Thanks
Given the time closures for the other venues they list, I assume they meant midnight and not noon. But if they did mean noon, apparently you can go to any sex establishment and eat and drink until midnight. :)

Given the time closures for the other venues they list, I assume they meant midnight and not noon. But if they did mean noon, apparently you can go to any sex establishment and eat and drink until midnight. :)
They normally use the 24 hour clock here so translating it has glitches. I'm sure they mean midnight, a change from when it was 10 PM (22:00)

@Luis H , at least as of a couple of weeks ago all restaurants and stores appeared to be open for business as usual, except for the inevitable few that appeared to be permanently closed, perhaps victims of a business downturn. By midnight, I was long back at my accommodations, so I wouldn't have known if restaurants close at midnight. But during the day, all looks like it did before the pandemic. Outdoors, I saw virtually no one wearing a mask. Some signs on doors of shops requested masks be worn inside, but I didn't do any non-food shopping so I don't know if the signs reflect the current practice or are relics of earlier practices.

Bonaire continues to do well in its fight against Covid-19.
upload_2021-9-1_14-50-44.png

The vaccination rate has slowed, but is still progressing. Island population is about 19k.
upload_2021-9-1_15-6-8.png

The US is now designated as a very high risk country (thanks, FL, AR, LA, MS, TX), so US travelers to Bonaire need not only an NAAT test within 48h of departure for Bonaire, but also an antigen test on Day 5 of being on island (although there is an exception for those staying only 8 days or less).

As always, the official information is available at Crisiswebsite van het Openbaar Lichaam Bonaire - Crisiswebsite van het Openbaar Lichaam Bonaire and https://www.facebook.com/openbaarlichaamBonaire/.
News sources with moderate validity are: Bonaire.nu, Abconlinemedia.com, BES Reporter - News from Bonaire, St. Eustatius & Saba, and Bon Bini! It's how we say "Welcome" on Bonaire!.
A moderated FB site for relevant information is Facebook Groups.

13 days and a wakeup....

In answer to a PM question: the note on today's https://www.facebook.com/openbaarlichaamBonaire/, an offical government site, says:

"There are 24 active cases of Covid-19 on Bonaire on September 3, 2021. Of the 61 test results received, eight were positive. The persons who tested positive are residents of Bonaire."

This is typical. Very few of the new active cases are from visitors.

Back
Top Bottom