COVID-19 Insurance Coverage? (non-medical)

Does your insurance cover you now for COVID-19 non medical related costs?

• Yes

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • No (not now) - but it did

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • No - and it never did

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What's the name of your insurance company?

Thanks

Southern Cross Travel Insurance.

Reactions: Dan
I have DAN Travel Insurance, Voyager Plan since August 17, 2019 with expiration date of August 16, 2020. It doesn’t cover pandemic, as shown in Exclusion (h), highlighted in yellow, below.

3040B243-73C7-4014-A519-4AFDD3530B47.jpeg

Pandemics and the like are usually not covered by insurance/travel insurance (my fiancee does commercial ins for a living, she's been getting mountains of calls about "what if" situations).

FYI...I was reading Dive Assure's policy terms and conditions again for the United States this morning and it looks like they have quietly updated their policies effective March 2020 and new policies purchased to NOT include any health situations, quarantines, and resulting advisories/warnings, etc. that were a part of previous policies I purchased. Prior to this change, they were covered and specific to COVID, if you bought your trip and your insurance prior to January 24, there was coverage.

It was previously listed under "other events".

Disappointing.

https://mk0diveassurecoatkqm.kinstacdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/DiveTravel-DOC-USA.pdf

Reactions: Jay
A general principle of insurance is that it is to compensate for things that might happen. Insurance does not generally compensate for events that could readily be foreseen as likely to occur at the time of taking out the policy. My holiday insurances all cover Covid 19 because they were taken out some time ago. Take out the same policy today and it will exclude anything attributable to Covid 19.

A general principle of insurance is that it is to compensate for things that might happen. Insurance does not generally compensate for events that could readily be foreseen as likely to occur at the time of taking out the policy. My holiday insurances all cover Covid 19 because they were taken out some time ago. Take out the same policy today and it will exclude anything attributable to Covid 19.

That's the same as when a hurricane is coming. There's a point where carriers stop binding coverage beforehand. If you don't have it by then, you're SOL.

That's the same as when a hurricane is coming. There's a point where carriers stop binding coverage beforehand. If you don't have it by then, you're SOL.

You are both referring to a specific instance of something which makes sense. A specific hurricane name/weather event or COVID...once known, it’s obviously not going to be covered if you buy after that. However if a different storm and storm name came in later on your trip and you bought before that was named, it would be covered.

Dive Assure is now not covering ANY health situation ever again for trip cancellation or interruption, no matter if it reaches a pandemic or epidemic level or not. Even if it isn’t COVID. There’s a difference to what you are both describing. The hurricane equivalent would be if they refused to ever cover hurricanes or weather events again. I don’t blame them for it as they are a business and they now see it as one that can really happen and requires large payouts. It just sucks as they were one of few with coverage for health situations.

So your insurance policy cover pandemic? Good for you. That's the first one I heard. Which one is it? Do you mind posted the section that says pandemic is covered? Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom