Couples Negril in Jamaica now has NITROX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BettyfromToronto

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We just returned from our 3rd trip to Couples Negril Sept 7-14 and loved it. They remembered our names and the dive shop guys gave us both big hugs. Manager Karl and Instructors Sugar & Richard were super friendly as always and DMs Steven and Taffy were amazing. And a special hello to Jovane who was the first water sports person we met 3 years ago.

We go once a year but this is not our dive trip (we go elsewhere 3x a year for that) but we love being pampered at this AI and hey the diving is free.

This year we saw that they have NITROX ($10/tank) but we passed as we only did a total of 6 dives (5 in the AM and one night dive that cost $50 which we paid with resort credits). We love the diving but needed to relax as we are in the middle of selling our house in preparation for our move/retirement to Cozumel.

The diving is not Cozumel but this year we saw a spotted eagle ray there for the first time which was special and on the night dive we saw the biggest hawksbill turtle ever - about the size of a VW bug. Even the DM said it was the biggest he had ever seen too.

If you want to go somewhere to be pampered with your significant other and get in some free diving; I highly recommend Couples Negril. And hey if your SO doesn't dive; sign them up for the free half day resort course which includes one dive to about 30 ft. Sugar will take extra care with them.

If you want more specifics...feel free to PM me. Just be patient for my reply due to the house for sale.

Thanks
Betty

Thanks for the Up-date. Glad to hear they now have nitrox.

Thanks for the info Betty. We're going in April for our fourth trip. Love that place. Friends of ours just got their OW certs today (congrats Pennie and Ryan) are going with us. Like you say I'm wondering if the cost is worth the nitrox. I do want the training so I may get it done just to try it. I'd like to see how I feel after a dive using nitrox. Enjoy your retirement in Cozumel!

My wife and I love that resort. We've been twice, but it has probably been five years since our last visit. Is the food still great? At the time, it was the best food from any AI that we have been to.

Glad to hear they have nitrox. Although I don't remember any dive profiles that would warrant it. Most of the dives were short on bottom time as I recall.

I remember seeing dolphins on multiple dives on each trip. Hope to visit again.

PH

Back
Top Bottom