Counting Dives in Marsa Alam towards Brothers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi @bvbellomo

I did 2 weeks Red Sea LOB in 2016, a different operator. I had vaguely heard of the 50 dive minimum. My operator checked C cards, but did not check my log book. They may have asked about number of dives, I was far over the minimum.

If I were you, I would try to make the 50 dive requirement, even if that means some quarry dives. It would be a shame if your diving was at all limited because of this. Personally, I would just take a paper log as a record. Very few get their logs signed off, it is not necessary.

I don't know how much time you have in Port Ghalib/Marsa Alam before you depart on your LOB. I arrived a day early and did a nice 3 tanker with Emperor Divers. They also offer RIB local diving and have a house reef. They are located at the Marina Lodge, across the marina from the main area. I don't see any reason these dives would not count, a nice warm up for your LOB. Of course, I don't know if Emperor Divers is, or will be, operating normally.

Good luck

I am not asking if I can cheat the minimum, I will have 50 before Brothers. But if I plan 4 dives in Marsa Alam and the check dive, I could board the plane with only 45 dives, which cuts my quarry diving in half.

I am asking if I can cheat the minimum, I will have 50 before Brothers. But if I plan 4 dives in Marsa Alam and the check dive, I could board the plane with only 45 dives, which cuts my quarry diving in half.
Personally, I would try not to push it, only your operator knows how they enforce the minimum. Have you asked them? That would be the best information you could have, much better than asking us for our opinions

Well, so i am one of the carefull ones when it comes to my log book. As with passport, travel documents, money, ...
And like many, many others i met when diving.
:eek::)

@Scubada
Yes, nor would i. The DM(s) on board will have the last say anyway.

That's exactly how it goes.

You will be asked to show your certification, fill a paper with identity, level, number of dives (will not verify), another paper explaining you agree with the local rules (don't touch, etc) and it's all.

Then, the 1st dive will be when the divemaster will appreciate if you are autonomous or if you need to be supervised and avoid too difficult dives, whatever the card you have.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom